Chapter 2 - Part 7 "Test"

Ayanokouji POV

The weekend had approached once again. Aside from the discovery of a rare type of Mystic Eyes possessed by Himeno, the week had been relatively uneventful. I asked a favor Euthemia a while back to figure out how her Mystic Eyes work and train her to control their activation. But, she also took the liberty of training her for the time being since she gained interest in Himeno's Mystic Eyes.

However, when Saturday came, Archer's Master convened a meeting. This gathering should be a good opportunity to formulate a strategy against Rider. We were currently dining in the veteran's mansion. I once again asked Morgan to remain in my dorm room.

The atmosphere was quite tranquil as we were eating. The long rectangular table held a large amount of food. There was probably enough for it to be called a feast. However, unlike our last meetup, there were more people occupying the room. He seemed to have cleared his home of his household servants. I arrived here with a blade that was about two-thirds of a meter long and its sheath, as well as a few small bread knives. Although,

"Aside from the gear you've brought. It's impressive that you are well versed in such table manners."

Euthemia called out to me from across the table as we were eating. Of course, she probably had been accustomed to table etiquette considering her background.

"Well, I've had the chance to read about it in a book somewhere."

"Really? What's the point of it for you kids? The way I see it, it's just a hindrance in eating. But enough about that, just get to the point and say what you know about Rider."

"Well, I guess that falls unto me, I'm the one who already fought him before and after we became Heroic Spirits. As already mentioned, he can currently utilize four Noble Phantasms. First, the most famous one is his invincibility. He is completely invulnerable to all attacks unless they target his heel. The only exception that can penetrate through it is an attack from someone who has divinity like a son of a mythological god or possesses a Divine Construct, something like King Arthur's sword or the Norse God Thor's hammer."

"It might be a bit difficult to handle. But it's still manageable. His weakness is probably the most famous. Either my Servant or your Lancer would have a chance at piercing it. By the way boy, what class does your Servant fall under?"

"Berserker. Although, my Servant's fighting style is unorthodox, not in the sense of just blindly attacking. Frankly, it would be fitting to say she bombards from afar."

"It's also helpful to remember that she would probably be a viable candidate for the Caster class."

"Alright, moving on. His second Noble Phantasm is his overwhelming speed on foot. Combined with his first Noble Phantasm, this is what makes him so difficult to battle. His agility on the battlefield is monstrous. However, like his first Noble Phantasm, it will be gone when his heel has been damaged."

"How fast is he?"

"Well, he is regarded as the quickest hero in all of human history."

"Just with his fame and two Noble Phantasms and this seems like an arduous task. But it's certainly not impossible."

"The next is his chariot. If he manages to summon it, avoiding getting hit would be the top priority, but it would be very hard to do. It's both extremely powerful and fast. It would be tremendously advantageous for us if he wasn't able to use it at all. But it should consume a lot of magical energy. The last Noble Phantasm is his shield. It is the biggest hurdle in defeating him. Even if he lost all the other ones, this would still warrant for an alliance to take him down. It's a Divine Construct. It's a shield that creates something like a Reality Marble, a small world made for defending. However, he can also use the artificial world to crush his opponents by charging them with it. I guess that's about it."