o n e

Welcome to the party

Standing in line for a club stood Summah a girl from Australia, cherishing her first time in New York, she and three of her friends got ready and quickly decided to go clubbing. Just by standing near the entrance, the girls can feel the rhythm of the music through the ground, but it didn't compare to when they actually entered.

Summah Torres

Bodies, that's all I see, sitting at the bar I skim my eyes over the whole club, people sitting in booths on the right-hand side, DJ stand, and stage on the left. It's very thought out and definitely doesn't look like a normal club, still skimming over everyone I feel a hand snake around my waist, "hey there" a slightly high male voice lets out, I slowly turn my head to my right to see a random man smiling at me. I grab his hand and remove it from my waist "cya later mate", I then spin in my chair and face the bar again.

"Fell in love with shawty, money like Shaq, Welcome to the party (Live it up)"

I move my head to the beat and hear my girls scream towards me to get up and dance with them. I turn and search the area in hopes of not being surrounded by the male species, with luck I get up and move towards them and start swaying my hips to the beat slowly.

"ayy, welcome to the party, ayy, welcome to the party, ayy, welcome to the party"

I start singing along with the song, swinging my hair around having a good time, but then the lights went out and the music stopped. Then the stage lit up and at the front was a man dressed in black skinny jeans, a white shirt that was left unbuttoned at the top, and a leather jacket.

He started singing into the mic the lyrics that had just stopped and then after the third line the music picked up again and the crowd went crazy. Screaming along with the song, the crowd started jumping and dancing, I stood there for a second just staring around before also starting to let loose and start to jump in my pumps. 

I then looked up again smiling and swaying, finally feeling the alcohol hit just to notice we had moved to the middle of the dance floor. With the confidence, the alcohol had given me I had no care in the world and just started dancing on some random guy. I am truly enjoying myself for the first time since I moved from Australia. My long curls were swinging from side to side as I was slightly bent.

Suddenly the lights divided and shined on the middle of the dance floor, where I was currently located. I looked around and noticed how people began to stare, but slowly felt relieved as they started to cheer and form a circle giving room for me and this guy to have space to dance. I then felt a cold shiver as I looked towards the stage and saw the man staring directly at me with all seriousness. He looked me up and down, while I did the same, he continued to stare before abruptly stopping singing and moving away from the mic and turning and walking away.

 I continue to stare confused before turning around myself and kept my hips moving to the beat and not letting it get to my head and just enjoying myself.

*******

AND IT BEGINS !!!!

jeez, why you gotta stare harry? 

updates coming soon :) 

- alana