07

Saturday morning, I woke up early

Saturday morning, I woke up early. I was awoken with a sound. To my curiosity, I get up and peep behind the curtains. There's a black tinted car in front of our house. My forehead creased when a woman in her late 40's come out the car and I saw my grandma welcomed the woman. She's familiar.

I looked at the clock and it's already seven twelve. I lied back at my bed and stared at the ceiling. I decided to stay inside my room after the woman leave.

I don't know what time is it when I decided to open my door and tried to go out but instead I heard my grandma's pleading voice.

"Give her more time, please..."

"There's no enough time! The situation is getting serious. Did you know that the Yang's heir is already here?"

There's a long silence between them. I closed the door. I silently walked to my bed. I don't understand what did they talk about and still a question to me is why is my grandma crying and pleading to that woman.

When I heard a car engine roared outside, that's when I decided to go out of my room. I saw grandma walking to the kitchen.

"You had a visitor?"

She looked at me. I leveled her stares when I noticed that she's reading me because of my question.

"What do you want for breakfast?" She ignored my question.

She started preparing the breakfast. So many questions running in my mind but I just shrugged it off.

--

We gathered in the gymnasium. I changed my clothes from uniform to t-shirt and a shorts. I tied my hair in to bun.

I removed my necklace as the lecturer said that jewelries are not allowed. I stood up when he called my name and join the first group. We will play a volleyball and honestly, I'm not really good at this. But I have to play because of the points for my grades.

After five minutes, we position ourselves. From the opposite side, I saw a group of students entering the gym. The girls shrieks after seeing Sunghoon, Heeseung and Jake entering. The last one to come in is Jungwon wearing his usual hoodie. Our eyes locked and nervousness overflowed on my chest.

He stopped for a second to stared at me. With his bangs from his long hair, I can see how his forehead creased. But I immediately diverted my attention to him to stop my heart from pounding.

I feel like I'm sweating cold bullets even though the game hasn't started yet. When the sound of pitch pipe echoes, the other team started to serve. JoAh quickly tossed the ball and called my name. The ball will land to me so I immediately spike it to the other team. My teammates cheered when we scored.

We've been playing for 10 minutes and the score is alternatively going up every serve. Just one serve and we will win the game if the opposite team didn't catch the ball. I'm already sweating and breathless.

I heard Winter's voice from the benches. I looked up to her and leered on her but I heard her exaggerated laugh. My eyes stopped to him. I felt weird to him. If everytime our paths will crossed, I immediately catch him glaring at me. But now... he's just gazing at me.

"Stop staring."

My eyes widened when I heard a voice from my mind. I looked at him and he raised his brows at me. What... what is happening?

I took a step backwards. That voice... is that from him? No... This can't be. My eyes sticked to him as I processing how and where that voice come from.

"Se-yeon!"

My teammates shouted my name. But before I could turn my head back, a ball strongly hit my face. I fell down to the floor. I feel like my brain was flip and my head is burning. My classmates run to me and ask me if I'm okay. I touch my nose when I felt a watery dripping down to my nose.

My classmates gasped and pointed my nose. When I touched it, I saw a red blood on my finger.

"OMG! Are you okay?" I heard Winter.

She helped me to stand up. I wipe the blood dripping down from my nose.

"Time out! Assist Ms. Kang to the clinic now."

I walked to the benches to take my bag. My sight started to swirl. Shit. I didn't expect this. But my body give up already and I collapsed.

--

"Don't worry, there's no fracture. Just apply cold compress to stop from swelling." The nurse said.

I nodded. I heaved a sigh.

"I wish that your brain will remember everything after you got hit."

I darted my eyes to the girl who's leaning against the wall. The nurse already injected me a painkiller. I wonder why is she here?

I get up from the bed and find my bag. I found it on the side table. I looked at her.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

She shrugged it off. She fixed her skirt and smirked at me.

"Anyway, do you want to know who carried you over here?"

I remained looking at her. I didn't say a word. But she still answered and left me confused.

"Don't worry, it's not Jungwon."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote and comments are highly appreciated! ♡ i do reading comments so feel free to say your reaction to this chapter!