09

"Where did I place it?"

I looked around my room. It was a whole mess room. I can't find where did I put my necklace. I wiped the sweats running down to my neck and continue lifting my things to find. As far as I remember, I only removed it the day where we had a activity on the gymnasium.

I looked into my bag and scoop all my school stuffs out but I saw nothing. I also went to the bathroom hoping I forgot it there but none. I heaved a sigh.

The next day, earlier in the morning I went to the gym. It was half closed but I heard footsteps and the sound of bouncing ball. I peek inside and there were few students playing basketball inside. I slowly walked in and look around the gym, thinking where was the last time I place my bag in the benches.

I started looking behind the benches hoping that no one won't notice me. I slightly bend in one of the benches. I sighed. When I looked up I almost jump from my position when I saw a girl sitting not too far. She's wearing a same logo but different uniform of our school.

I was about to ignore her but she shyly smile at me. Her short hair and little bangs made her look cute.

"Hi," She said.

I nodded. "Hi."

She pouts her lips. "Are you looking for something?"

"Uh, yes."

"Do you need help?"

I immediately shook my head. "No. It's okay." I tried to smile to assured her.

"By the way, I'm Yu Nami." She stretched her arm.

"Se-yeon. Kang Se-yeon." I shake her hand.

"You changed your nam---" She was cut off when someone call her.

It was Heeseung. I didn't noticed that he's the one who's playing the basketball here. He looks like he just saw a ghost. He ate the distance between us. Nami let go of my hands as soon as Heeseung approached us.

"What are you doing?" Heeseung whispered to her but I still heard it.

"I'm just making friends, why?" Her voice sound so soft and sweet.

Heeseung turn to me. He warily smiled at me.

"Why are you here early in the morning?"

"You know him?" Nami asked me.

I shook my head. "No. I'll get going."

As much as I don't want to be involve on Heeseung or to his friends, I don't really like being in a big circle. I'm planning to find my necklace after class or lunch time.

"See you around!" Nami shouted.

--

When the bell rang, I decided to go to the clinic. The room was quite and I think the nurse is not around, therefore, I walked in and checked the beds. But I almost check the stuffs inside but there's no trace of my necklace. I heaved a sigh.

"What are you doing?"

I jumped when someone talked. I turn around and it was the nurse.

"I'm looking for something."

"What is it?"

"A necklace."

She stared at me. "I haven't seen any thing here. I'll tell you when I found it."

I bowed to her. I closed the door when I come out. I give up on looking for it now.  Imagining my grandma's reaction if she finds out that the necklace is not on me, for sure she'll freak out again.

I went to the cafeteria. Winter waved her hands as I enter. My steps became slow when I saw who's with her. When I got near, Winter pulled a seat beside her and I sit.

"Hi, Se-yeon!" Nami smiled.

"Nami said you've met earlier?"

"Yup."

Winter clapped. "Yey! You have two friends now!"

I winced at her. She made it sound like I'm a loner. Well, I preferred it that way instead of being in a big circle of friends.

"You know, she's not the friendly type. It's like she can live without having someone on her side," Winter told Nami.

"Seriously? I'm just beside you, Minjeong."

She made a disgusting face when she heard her first name. I smirked at her. 

"Oh! Yeonjun-oppa!" Nami called.

We both turn to where Nami's looking. It was Soobin and he's not alone. He's with a tall, pink haired boy. He has a sharp shape eyes that looks dangerous when you made an eye contact with him. His hair is well brush up backwards that made him look cool. His thin pinkish lips turn into smirked.

I met Soobin's eyes and he immediately draw a smile on his lips. Soobin pulled a chair beside me while his friend sit beside Nami. I felt Soobin's arm snake on the backrest of my chair.

"By the way, this is Choi Yeonjun. Yeonjun, this is Se-yeon."

Yeonjun mischievously smiled at me. He stretch his hand. I'm having second thoughts if I would shake it or not but It'll be rude if not. I shake his hand.

"I'm pleased to meet you,"

"Likewise,"

After we let go each others hands we heard a exaggerated laugh two tables away from us. I saw Sunghoon who's laughing while shaking his head. In the table, there's Jaeyun beside him, eating silently. But what makes me confused is they all looking at us. Yuna and Heeseung is obviously glaring at... Nami and Yeonjun?

Then, I saw Jungwon who's intently looking beside me, Soobin. It looks like there's a electricity between them. But then, I met Jungwon's eyes. My heart skipping a beat. He raise his brows at me felt like questioning me what am i doing.

I averted my eyes on him when I can't breath properly. What happened in the staircase is still fresh into my mind. I don't want that to happened again.

I heard Soobin's chuckles. I looked at him but he's looking at Jungwon's table.

"This is gonna be exciting..." He whispered.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

vote and comments are highly appreciated! ♡ i do reading comments so feel free to say your reaction to this chapter!