15

Seok-yung sighed for the 99th time

Seok-yung sighed for the 99th time. Her face is resting at the back of her palms and her body is leaning at the balcony. The cold breeze of wind made her close her eyes and a flash of memories registered on her mind.

Yuna pulled her to seat on the couch. Seok-yung's mind is spacing. Until now, she can't process what just happened. Her heart won't stop pounding and the image of him still clear on her mind. Yuna's voice made her jump into present.

"What was that, Seok-yung?" Yuna exclaimed.

Seok-yung open her mouth to speak but no words come out. Heeseung came in and they both turn to him. His face has no expression and stare at Seok-yung. Heeseung shooked his head like he realize something that doesn't make sense.

"How is he?" Yuna asked.

Heeseung ignored Yuna's question and bore his eyes to Seok-yung.

"Is Queen Soo-jin name of your mother?" He asked instead.

Seok-yung still lost of words that it's Yuna who answered for her.

"She is. I met her many times when she oftentimes visited our palace."

"Then, why is her name 'Kang' when that name doesn't even exists anymore in their Kingdom?"

Yuna crease her forehead, confused.

"What do you mean?"

They both glance at Seok-yung who's spacing the whole time. Yuna shake Seok-yung's shoulder to wake her up in reality.

"She must be tired." Heeseung said.

"We'll go home then,"

Seok-yung's thoughts almost drowned her but a wind violently blow that bring her back to present. She closed her eyes when another strong wind came and when she open them, a silhouette of a person behind a tree near from the balcony where she was.

She narrowed her eyes to make sure that her eyes is not playing with he again. But a knock on her door made her broke the focus. She turned to the door but immediately went back to where she saw him but he's gone already. Seok-yung touch her chest and sighed. Ignoring the feeling she felt inside.

The next day, in the table where she's having a breakfast with the King and Queen. There was a long silent before the Queen speak.

"It seems like you're getting closer with the Princess of Lershire." The Queen side lips rose up.

Seok-yung was a bit shock but she didn't make it obvious. It was very rare to see the Queen smile at her.

"I like that. Keep it going and make a good friendship with her." The King said.

"You're not useless after all..." The Queen mumbled.

Seok-yung didn't hear what the Queen said but she felt happiness and contentment. In her years of living, that was the third time that the Queen laid her eyes and smile at Seok-yung.

Days and weeks passed so fast. Yuna had been spending time in the castle and always bickering with Seok-yung. Seok-yung quickly adapt Yuna's attitude and she's used to it. She felt happy because somehow she have a friend now. Not because it's the King's order but she love the company with her.

On her balcony, they are having a tea time. Seok-yung was smiling while listening to Yuna's rant about her day.

"Anyway, do you still remember the day we went to... you know," Yuna whispered.

Seok-yung almost choke.

"W-why?" Seok-yung stuttered.

"Well, he's asking for you."

Seok-yung's eyes widen in fraction.

"What do you mean?"

"The boy you met in the rooftop, do you even know who is he?"

She parted her lips but she didn't say anything.

"Just so you know," Yuna shifted her seat and leaned to whisper to Seok-yung. "He's the alpha."

"I'm still wondering what did you do for him to do that. He never kneel for someone... especially like you... who's stranger to him." Yuna added.

"I don't know either..." She mumbled.

"Didn't you say that you keep hearing screams when we're not?"

Seok-yung nodded.

"How did you know that it's from him?"

"I just followed where it is and it leads me to the second floor."

"I don't know what to react--- I mean no one dared to go upstairs in that house even me and Heeseung that he knows for a long time!" Yuna exclaimed.

"Because he's an alpha?"

"Uh-huh, not just an alpha. His title is way more higher than a King. If I was him, I will rule the world and everyone will honor me."

"His name is... Jungw---"

Seok-yung was cut off when Yuna covered her mouth. Yuna widen her eyes and like giving her a warning look.

"What?"

"You can't just say his name like that! Do you want to be beheaded?"

Seok-yung shut her mouth instead. She clasped her hands when coldness circulate all over her body when a wind blows. Then, realization hit her. She lift her hand where she usually wore the ring she bought. She tried to remember if she removed it earlier. Yuna noticed her panicking.

"Why?"

"My ring..."

"What ring?"

"Its a red marble design---"

"Oh! This one?"

Yuna raised a ring from her pocket. It's Seok-yung's ring. Her eyes widened.

"Yes! Where did you find it?"

"Are you sure this is yours?" Yuna narrowed her eyes to Seok-yung.

"Huh? Of course,"

"How is that happened?"

"Huh?"

"I didn't found this. The alpha told me to give this to you! If you're not aware, this is an alpha's heirloom ring. This once belong to the previously alpha that died years ago!"

Suddenly, a memory of a the day she bought this flash on her mind. She remembered what the woman told her about the ring! She thought that it was just an ordinary heirloom came from a elite family that's why she bought it.

"Tell me, are you the alpha's mate?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:))