(Chapter 8) Baby Dove.

(Thank you all for your patience with my updates, I am now off school for a week so I am going to try and update a lot more on this story along with my other! I hope you enjoy this chapter :) TW: Talk about mental health <3 It's been a rough week so I needed some fluff!)

Some days were more challenging than others; some days, you would find yourself tucked up in a corner on the mistresses office hiding from the world knees so tight agent your chest you couldn't breathe, bearly able to think, let alone process what was flowing through your mind.

This was one of those days, it had all been too much in your little mind, and you had just shut down, no longer able to face the world around you.

Going to your favourite hiding spot in Lady Dimitrescu's office, one level above the ground in her bookshelf, a little nook you could call your own, having a pillow and one of your mistresses nightgowns that you clutched at desperately to smell her on the clot, to bright you some form of comfort.

You were so deep within your thoughts that it was too late when you heard the high heel footsteps approach the study door; your mistress ducked underneath the wood frame, readjusting her hat, taking a seat at her desk, lighting a cigarette.

"Baby dove I know your in here," she said on exhale; you froze as though you were surprised; she knew everything of your were abouts nothing past her.

When you didn't answer her, she go up from her chair, walking elegantly from her desk over to the bookshelf; you sat her holding your breath as if you were in some childish hide and seek, her nightdress still tightly in your hands.

The click in your beloveds knees as she bent down, her knees resting on the ground, her golden eyes meeting your tired and scared Y/E/C  eyes, you shivered in embarrassment from the little tantrum you had caused.

"Oh Y/N why are you hiding from me, darling?" Lady Dimitrescu cooed, sliding her arms under your body, one behind your back and the other under your calves, she pulled you out of your hiding place, kissing your forehead as she straightened herself upright.

"Sweet mouse what's the matter?" you looked up from the floor into the concerned eyes of your mistress, an overwhelming feeling of guilt and despair filling your mind and chest, almost losing feeling in your body. 

"Im sorry" you muster, tears welling in your eyes as you kept looking at your mistress, something about her just chipped away at your social mask that you had tried so hard to build from childhood. 

"Why are you apologising?" Your mistress held you tighter, bringing you closer to her chest, kissing your cheek, walking over to her desk chair seating herself down, holding you on her lap. 

"Im just having a bad day" you trailed off as a solitary tear rolled down your cheek, whipping it away quickly as showing any emotional vulnerability seemed like a fate worse than death. 

"I see and what can I do to make you feel better" Lady Dimitrescu held your face drying your eyes with her thumbs, keeping you safe and warm in her hold, whispering sweet nothings under her breath as she ran her free hand through your hair. 

Taking a deep breath, laying your head on the mistresses shoulder, feeling the black rose on your beloved dress fining the texture quite calming, Lady Dimitrescu just sat back her hand on your lower spine and the back of your head. 

She rocked backwards and forwards very slightly getting you both into an unspoken rhythm that you both just relaxed into. 

"No Draga mea as my- my one true I would like to know what upsets your mind" hearing the stutter in her voice made your face heat up and your body go limp, but you just looked up at her exposing your crimson cheeks to see her own tinted face. 

"Well, Ma'am I just feel low, like I have no purpose" you could see how hard your mistress tried to listen without butting in to objectify her opinion but she held her tongue. 

"Well darling if you had no purpose then you would not be mine now would you?" Feeling your body fill with pride as you heard her words, wanting to believe them so badly, to allow yourself to accept her kind appreciation. 

"Your head is lying to you dove" you were taken aback by this, clutching your mistresses hand, you had never had anyone say something like that to you, thinking highly of you to actually think you were worth something. 

You said nothing you just stayed still letting her words flood your mind going straight to your self-hatred and inner mind set that would without fail to tell you how worthless you were and make sure you knew that everyone hated you and no one had the facility to love someone like you. 

But she would never take the time for a no one... 

Lady Dimitrescu smoothed off her your head as if she was silencing the voices she knew were pounding at your mind, she could feel your pain and suffering that you had tried so hard to hide from the world as you didn't want to be an inconvenience. 

"Dearest I feel you and know you and for as long as you live I will protect you from not only the harsh world on the outside but the battle you face on the inside that you do so well to hide, you mean too much to me and I won't see you suffer in silence understand" she paused her lips joining back together in a way they always did when she had spoken truth. 

"I love you" you whimpered, just letting you, allowing the tears to fall and for your body to shake, to cry with a little volume instead of the silent scream you had developed from childhood. 

They couldn't hurt you now. 

(Thank you for reading! I just finished re-watching Cult AHS bc FUCKING NETFLIX IS TAKING AHS OFF NETFLIX AT THE END OF FEBRUARY I am devastated istg 😭 but I hope you enjoyed this chapter <3)