(Chapter 33) The Voyage Of a Lady. Part 3.

(Hey, everyone. THANK YOU, SO MUCH FOR 90k READS IT'S INSANE THANK YOU 😭❤️!! I know it's been a while, but here I am with a chapter I hope you will enjoy! I love the idea of re living Alcina's childhood memories 🥹 apologies if the spelling and grammar is shit <3)

So... Many... Fucking... Bags.

You learned on this fine trip that the Dimitrescu family did not pack lightly. Your beloved Alcina was in the right state in the courtyard, dressed in only her silk cream dressing gown and matching high healed slippers directing the maids carrying pattered boxes into the carriage. She looked so stressed from where you saw her on the balcony. Her hair had not been tended to yet, and clearly had not had her morning glass of wine. The only thing keeping her going was the cigarette held firmly between her fingers. Taking long and deep breaths.

The daughters were not any better than their mothers. Also, in their fashion, ordering people around and getting things from A to B without missing a single detail. It was as if they were moving house with the amount of planning and worrying they were doing.

"Not the emerald ball gown, idiot, the RED one!!" Bela huffed, pointing her index finger at the dress and walking to the other side of the room. You walked in and her face relaxed, you smiled and her and looked at the maid. A wave of sympathy washed over you when you saw the fear in her eyes and shaking in her limbs. You were once her. Bottom of the food chain in the Castle. The scraps.

"You're dismissed. Go and help someone else." You say sharply, taking the dress from her arm and onto yours. The look of confusion and gratitude was immediate but quick to leave her eyes.

"As you wish Y- Miss.." With that, she scurried out of the room, taking her sewing kit with her.

"Y/N, why did you do that? I need to pack!" Bela looked shocked and somewhat irritated.

"I dismissed her so I could help you instead. And treat you in some manner towards those who work for you." She looked taken aback and surprised at your tone. She obeyed non the less and she was a lot better when asking or directing what she needed and where to put it.

"Y/N since you became mothers- uhm... Girlfriend and no longer work in the chamber what is it like having your friends serve you?" She asked so nonchalantly as if it hadn't been a worry of yours.

"Well... with those I didn't like or get on with it causes no worry to me and I sickly enjoy it. But with my friends and girls I don't even know it feels horrible, I mean I had a life within the walls of the castle that no sane person would desire but it was all that I had dreamed of at the time. I saw that as the best it was going to get for me. Laughing and the crushes god." A smile pricked the corners of your lips as you where flooded with the good times of being a maid and how much you missed it.

"If you liked it so much, why did you end up causing trouble and having to get another involved. I mean, you would have been one hundred per cent dead if she hadn't fallen head over heels for you." She rolled her eyes and how red your cheeks became. God, you loved that woman.

"I became a problem when Cassandra killed my best friend for not making her bed the way she liked it. I saw her body torn apart and mutilated in the wine cellar. I don't know if you will remember her, but her name was Celina. The polish girl?" You tried not to sound bitter because you had forgiven Cass and had a good and strong developing relationship.

"No, I don't, but was she the blonde you used to be around all the time?" She looked intrigued; being the eldest sister and trapped in the castle, she never had these types of friendships except with her sisters. Even that was a push of her good nature and kind heart.