Lu-Pining for Your Purrr-Fection: Chapter #3 - Chatty Catty

After classes had finished for the day, Stiles and his friend group headed to Stiles's house for their Friday night hangout. In his head, he called it pack night. It was a lot of fun to spend the evening with his friends and though he was a cat and packs were for wolves, Stiles still saw them as his pack. Tonight, Stiles had gone all out on the snacks, food, drinks and games because he always looked forward to Friday nights. Scott was the first one to arrive with Malia hot on his trail before Lydia arrived and finally Allison brought up the rear.

They all took their usual places on the couch, on the floor and on the recliner. Stiles plopped on the couch next to Malia who had taken to cuddling into his side. They weren't anything more than best friends, but he knew how much she needed the comfort sometimes and he honestly, didn't mind a bit.

At first, they just chatted about their day before the pizza arrived and then they started getting a bit rowdier during which time Stiles would continually burst out laughing.

Then, after they finished eating, Lydia fixed Stiles with an inquisitive look. "So, Stiles?"

Stiles was blushing lightly when Malia helped clean some pizza sauce off his chin. "Yes, Lyds?"

Lydia raised an eyebrow but got straight to the point. "Malia told me that you were late to class again. So why were you late? What was the reason this time?"

🐾 🐺🐾 🐺🐾

Derek figured he would trace the scent to the house and hoped to avoid the man that had yelled at him the last time. He was still trying to figure out why the man had been so angry over a cat. That didn't even begin to address the man calling the cat son. Was the cat a shifter? If he was a shifter, who was he out of his shift? Wait, he was a he , right? Derek shook himself from his thoughts and started sniffing the air, still human at that point, in order to see what he could learn. Derek still couldn't latch onto it.

He sighed and planned to try again or give up altogether when suddenly, a sound erupted from inside the house that had him rooted to the spot. It was a laugh. Derek wanted to hear that laugh again and again forever. He leaned against the tree from before, careful to stay out of sight and though it was probably creepy he listened in to see what he could learn.

He was curious about the kid and realized he couldn't leave if he wanted to. He was also curious as to why the student had been late and it seemed that Lydia was too. Derek had seen her several times in a few of his classes because she had flown through the exams for some of the freshman level courses.

🐾 🐺🐾 🐺🐾

Stiles swallowed nervously and rubbed his hand over the back of his neck. "Well, um..."

Scott threw a smirk Stiles's way. "Yeah Stiles. Who was the reason?"

Stiles glared at Scott, "Shut up Scott. It's not...it's nothing and no one. So just...just go home you guys. It's late and I have homework."

Stiles was grateful that his friends helped him clean up without argument and then he waited as they walked out one at a time.

Lydia kissed his cheek and smiled reassuringly.

Scott tried to apologize despite Lydia tugging firmly on his arm. "Stiles? Dude I'm sorry. I was just messing around. You know that, right?"

Stiles crossed his arms feeling off kilter and chewed his lip while he nodded. "Mhm. Yeah. Goodnight, Buddy." Before Scott could say anything else, Stiles continued. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Scott left after that and Stiles closed the door, locking it with a soft sigh, his entire body deflating. He leaned against the door and sighed again before heading upstairs.