Lu-Pining for Your Purrr-Fection: Chapter #7 - Divine Feline

Stiles brought their drinks to the booth and slid Derek's over to him before wrapping his fingers around his own drink. Derek gave him a small smile and took his drink, relishing in the taste as he took a sip. Stiles watched Derek curiously until Derek met his gaze and Stiles immediately looked down at the table instead.

Derek spoke up first. "So, Stiles?" he started.

"Hmm?"

"What did you get to drink?" he inquired softly.

Stiles looked at his drink then at Derek before looking back at his drink again. "White chocolate mocha with whipped cream and peanut butter shavings," he answered quietly.

Derek smiled and tilted his head. "Makes sense," he assented as he took another sip of his own drink.

"It does? How?" Stiles asked curiously.

"Well, it's sweet with a bit of saltiness because of the peanut butter and–" He cut himself off before he could say that Stiles was beyond sweet, and he was also so sassy, but Derek only knew those things as the wolf.

"And?" Stiles inquired, his tone intrigued but his voice quiet.

Derek weighed the options in his mind for a minute before taking a deep breath. "There's something I need to tell you Stiles and it's hard for me to do so because I don't know how you'll react, but I need to tell you now befo–" He was cut off by a loud voice from across the coffee shop.

"DERBEAR!!" a blonde girl squealed as she hurried over, stopping at the end of the booth. "Oh my! Who's the cutie patootie here?" She gestured to Stiles who blushed lightly and focused intently on the drink in front of him.

Derek, while annoyed that someone had interrupted, couldn't help but grin at the blush on Stiles's cheeks. "Erica, this is Stiles. Stiles, this is Erica," he explained and then took a calming sip of his tea.

Stiles glanced up and Derek's breath caught at the way Stiles's eyes shimmered from under his eyelashes. It was a brief moment, but Derek's heart pounded at the beauty of it. Stiles was beautiful.

Stiles offered his hand. "Hello Erica. It's nice to meet you," he said as he smiled shyly.

"Awe honey you really are adorable," she cooed before looking at Derek. "I didn't know you had a date or I wouldn't have bothered you," she mock scolded him.

The tips of Derek's ears turned pink, and Stiles's cheeks got even redder, but it was Stiles who spoke up first. "I-It's not a date. I mean, I don't think it is anyway. I mean it could be if h-he wanted it to be b-but we just met or like we just–" he stuttered out, and Derek could smell the nerves. Even if he couldn't smell the nerves, he could see Stiles's confidence fading.

"Yes. I want it to be," he said in one long exhale, his eyes locked on Stiles. "I want it, I want this, to be a date."

Stiles looked at Derek and his cheeks twinged pink again. "Really?" he asked in surprise but the smell of hope had Derek's stomach doing somersaults.

"Really Stiles," he affirmed with utmost sincerity.

"Oh, you two are totes adorbs!" Erica cooed again. "Alright, I'll leave you to it but call me when you get home Derek. I have a thing or two to say to you." She pecked his cheek before leaving the coffee shop but not before calling back to Stiles. "You too cutie patootie. Get my number from Der and we'll talk later too."

Derek chuckled and then glanced at Stiles who was watching him closely. "What?" he asked.

Stiles began to worry his lip between his teeth. "I have a question and it may seem stupid but just like hear me out. Ok?"

Lu-Pining for Your Purrr-Fection जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें