Lu-Pining for Your Purrr-Fection: Chapter #9 - Scavenge-Purrr Hunt

Stiles was tired and his heart hurt but he kept pushing through the stack of homework that Malia had brought him. He was grateful that she had done so. He didn't want to see Derek's gorgeous face, even if all he really wanted was to see Derek's gorgeous face. Stiles missed the wolf and yet he never shifted to take his place on the roof or in the tree. He mostly kept to his room and when he did shift, it was only to curl up under his comforter using it as a cocoon.

He didn't think he was being totally unreasonable. After all, Derek didn't text or call him. So, Stiles felt it was safe to assume that he had been right about everything. It was one time that Stiles didn't like being right. It only served to dampen his mood even more. He put up a front with his friends, but he knew they saw right through. How was he supposed to explain all that was Derek Hale?

🐾 🐺 🐾🐺 🐾

After they left, he almost shifted and crawled out onto the roof but instead, he changed into pajamas and curled up under the covers. Just as he started to fall asleep, his phone vibrated with a text. He debated ignoring it but eventually sighed and grabbed it. He unlocked his phone and read the new text.

[Pretty_Wolf]
What is a cat's way of keeping law and order?

Stiles tilted his head but said nothing.

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
Claw Enforcement.

Stiles couldn't help but groan and then laugh loudly at that. Of course, the first thing Derek would text him would be a cat pun.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
That was terrible.

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
Well then, it's a good thing I have more.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
You do not!

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
Oh, but I do.
Why is it so hard for a leopard to hide?
Because he's always spotted.

Stiles rolled his eyes but hid his face in his pillow, trying to hide the giant grin on his face.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
You're impossible.

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
You love it.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
I really do.
So not to be um ungrateful but what's with the cat puns? Bored?

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
Not bored. Just missed talking to you. I came by but you weren't shifted so I left. I figured maybe I'd text you and see if you replied. I'm glad you did.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
Really?

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
Really. I'm really glad because I need you to do me a huge favor.

Stiles worried his lip between his teeth before replying.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
Oh? Ok. What's the favor?

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
I have a TA meeting with Professor Levi Monday morning, and I was supposed to pick something up in the Student Union Building. I was hoping beyond hope that you'd help me get it before the office decides I'm not showing up for it.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
Why me?

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
Because you're you and I trust you.

Stiles's cheeks felt hot as they twinged pink, and he smiled a private smile that was reserved only for Derek.

[Paw_Some_Stiles]
I can do that. Do I just bring it to you after I pick it up?

[Pretty_Grumpy_Wolf]
There should be some instructions on the item. I am not completely sure, but I know because you're you and you are brilliant that you'll figure it out.