Elyse

I just got out of the shower when there was a knock on my door. I threw a robe on to answer it. Rylie and Kay stood there with their mad faces on. I let them come in. Their jaws dropped at how massive my room is. I turned to my best friends. "Okay, what's up?" They looked at me and sat on my bed.

"We couldn't help but notice that every time you and the very gorgeous vampire prince are in the same room, he stares at you and only you. He can't take his eyes off of you." Rylie started.

"He doesn't stare at me all like that."

"Girl, he does and even the guys noticed. They don't know if they need to play protective brothers or not." Kay laughed.

"You two were very flirty while you were playing pool and then the was he stood between you and Corbyn."

"Which was really hot, by the way." Kay wiggled her eyebrows.

"Yes, it was. But then you stepped between him and your ex-mate, his hands on you, and you had no fear telling said ex-mate that the dreamy prince can touch you all he wants." Just the mention of his hands on my hips made me blush. "And now you're blushing. Spill it."

"Honestly guys, I'm confused as fuck. I mean I caught Corbyn cheating yesterday, I should be heart broken and I was, last night. But I woke up this morning and decided I didn't want to feel like that again. I'm not going to use Jaxon as a rebound, I'm not that type of girl, but I can't help but feel some kind of pull with him." I picked up the rose from my dresser and smelled it.

"You like him." Rylie pointed out. "It's okay to move on, even if it's faster than most people. It doesn't mean that you didn't love him. We have your back and just want to see you happy. Just make sure whatever you do, it's because it's what you want and not to take away the pain or get back at him."

"And, if it helps, we totally ship you two." Kay smiled.

"Thanks and I will. I'm just taking everything day by day, and trying to go with the flow." I went in my bathroom to get changed. It doesn't have to be formal, so I put on my black, ripped, skinny jeans and my favorite white crop top tank. I step out and decided to tell them about my suspicions. "So, I need to tell you guys something but it stays between us."

"Of course." They both said.

"The night I ran off, I didn't kill all those rogues myself, a guy came out of nowhere and protected me. I tried to tell the guys, but they said I was all by myself. The next day, I was in the shower and when I came out, there was a rose on my pillow. I think it was Jaxon."

"But you hadn't met him yet. What makes you think that?" Rylie asked.

"Last night, right after Corbyn, I took my knife out." They glared at me. "I know, I'm sorry. But he climbed through my window and stopped me. Then later when I was sleeping, he snuck in through the window, I woke up when he tucked my hair behind me ear but I didn't let him know I was awake. When he was about to leave, I laid there and said good-night to him but I think that he thinks I was asleep when I said it." I sat on the bed between them, they were in shock.

"That's creepy, but sweet and kind of hot." Kay said. I looked at Rylie.

"Well, it's clear that he likes you, and I agree with Kay, but he just met you."

"I think he has been watching me for a while. He's known about me since he was little."

"What do you mean?" Rylie looked concerned.

"Two weeks ago, one of the nights that Corbyn was at the gym, I felt like I was being watched so I looked out the window and I saw a pair of red eyes in the trees but when I blinked, it was gone so I thought I was just seeing things."