Xiao (modern au) Part 1

A/n : I adore xiao so have this while I wait for requests to come in.

You and Xiao knew each other quite well, that was mainly due to Zhongli but also Hu Tao. The two knew both of you, but soon realized you and Xiao had never met. So, for about a month or two the two would arrange a meet up with all four of you, and then make an excuse that they "had a ton of work to do".  I mean it worked, but neither of you appreciated the method. Now here we are many months later, at Wanmin restaurant.

"COME ON XIAOO" Hu Tao whined as Xiao shook his head at the brunette's actions. "I told you Hu Tao, I don't do school events. Especially big ones," The black and teal haired male looked to you for help. You sighed and looked to Hu Tao, "Come on Hu Tao, he has told you that 3 or 4 times" Hu Tao pouted at your statement, "M/nnnnn pleaseeeeeeee?" She whined, dramatically flailing her arms. "I need at least one of you to go with me!" Xiao and Zhongli sighed simultaneously. You pinched the bridge of your nose, "Fine, I'll go with you" 

Hu Tao jumped out her seat "REALLY? YOU WILL?" she exclaimed shaking your shoulders violently "YES, YES HU TAO NOW PLEASE STOP SHAKING ME FOR THE LOVE OF-" She instantly stopped and plopped back into her seat. The grin plastered on her place was enough to make a smile creep its way onto your face. Xiao then sighed, glaring at Hu Tao. You cocked an eyebrow at him, "Xiao are you trying to assert dominance over Hu Tao or something?" you said sarcastically. Which made the male next to you roll his eyes. Hu Tao suddenly gasped, seeming to realize something.

 "M/N WE DON'T EVEN HAVE AN OUTFIT AND THE EVENT IS TOMORROW"                         

 "Calm down Hu Tao, I always have an outfit prepared just incase" 

"YEAH, BUT I DON'T HAVE ANYTHINGG" She sighed, exasperated. Xiao got up, saying "Verr messaged me, she needs me at the house something about needing help" You all said your goodbyes after he left, realizing how late it was.

You leaned against the railing, tracing your fingers along the design as you gazed at all the tiny stars. As a kid you had hoped you would become a star one day, your fascination with the stars lasted for several years, however now you knew that dream was shattered. You knew you would never become a star. You still hoped that perhaps one day it might come true. Though it was childish you needed to hold onto at least one childhood dream. You felt your phone buzz in your pocket, laughing at the text Xiao had sent about Verr needing his help was literally over what she should make for her coworkers the next day. You grabbed the plate of Almond Tofu you had made earlier that evening and walked over to Xiao's house. You knew he couldn't refuse a plate of that stuff. 

You knocked; you knew where the spare key was. It was under the mat, but you wanted to annoy Xiao as your nightly ritual went. He answered the door, scowling. He let you in stomping to his room, clearly pissed you hadn't just used the key. "Stop being so pissy Xiao, I brought Almond Tofu" He flopped onto his bed, holding his hand out for the dish. You handed it to him as you sat on his bed pulling out your phone and just messed around on your phone as Xiao ate the dish. He suddenly yanked your phone out of your hand, your noses almost touched from how close he was. You could feel his warm breath on your face, you cocked an eyebrow at him. "What's up with you?" He didn't respond, clearly attempting to get back at you for not using the key. "I see what you're doing, I'm not so easily flustered~" He didn't back down, this was typical. He would get upset at you for something small and try to get you back by flustering you. You shoved his face away with your hand snatching your phone back. "Damn, I was sure it would work that time." He complained as he laid back down. "You have tried it before, if it doesn't work the first time then it won't work the second time." You replied removing your gaze from your phone to look at the shorter male. "Seems I'm going to have to get more creative" he says closing his eyes as he fully relaxes.

     Hu Tao bounded towards you; she was dressed in a long silky black dress she had probably picked out the night before. You were in a black suit, as per Hu Taos request. "M/n! The dance is starting soon, lets gooo!" The brunette practically dragged you towards the doors to the dance. "WAIT HU TAO SINCE WHEN WAS THIS A MASSIVE GET TOGETHER?" She giggled dragging you inside as you practically felt your organs reverberate from how loud the music was. You glared at Hu Tao as you soon found a corner to go in, deciding to hide from everyone else for the rest of the party. Hu Tao was certainly disappointed, but she was having fun just being Hu Tao as she danced and enjoyed herself. All you could do was sit in a corner and be miserable. After what felt like years Hu Tao eventually dragged out of your corner saying that the dance wasn't over but that she had a surprise for you. "Hu Tao PLEASE JUST TELL ME WHY WE ARE GOING IN THE DIRECTION OF XIAO'S HOUSE WHEN YOU BEGGED US TO GO WITH THE DANCE WITH YOU-" Hu Tao responded by putting a finger to your lips to shush you. She aggressively knocked on Xiao's door, and then bolted away leaving you at Xiao's door in a suit. You heard a groan inside, before hearing Xiao stomp up to the door.

 A/n : ANNNNNND CLIFFHANGER :) JUST KNOW THERE WILL BE A PART TWO BUT TAKE A VOTE 

1.    

OR 

2.

CHOOSE WISELY BECAUSE WHICHEVER NUMBER WINS WILL AFFECT THE ENDING 

Also feel free to give feedback on the chapter, I will likely be editing it later. Also feel free to point out any mistakes in my writing. I genuinely don't mind if you point out things that could be better.