happy xiao chapter bc im sorry

(xiaos pov the whole chapter, this one gonna be a short, sweet, to the point one bc im doing like 5 really long ones, 4 new fleshed out stories, and continuing all my other stories i have rn... haha)

(also sorry if he's uh ooc.. for some background you too are immortal, you can choose if your an adeptus, yaksha, cursed, idrc but he's much more open around you etc as you two have known each other literally since you both became existing beings at the same time which was at least 100 years ago so yea have fun reading)

He smiled widely and looked to me, pointing at the small fluffy cat we had encountered. "Xiao! Look at him! He's amazing, I'm naming him Gerald and he is mine." The male finished, scooping the black cat up and cradling it. I smiled at him, shaking my head as I did so. He looked so joyful with the cat in his arms, running back over to me he shoved it near my face. "Isn't he great Xiao!?" His eyes sparkled as he asked, as did the cats. "He's the second-best thing in the world M/n" I responded, turning on my heels to walk back to our house, knowing he would follow. "Hey! What do you mean second best!" M/n whined, the cat on his should, purring happily. I snorted as he followed along, pouting. "You know what I mean dear" I replied, smiling along with him as we ventured to our shared home. Gerald happily rested on M/ns shoulder as we bickered the whole way back.  M/n pouted as we walked through the door, waltzing into the dining room and angrily plopping down on a chair. I sighed, knowing what he meant by the simple action. 

I wiped my forehead as I finished loading the steaming food into the dinner bowls, I had prepared a slow cooked bamboo shoot soup. Zhongli had taught me how to make it a while back, and I decided to make it for M/n tonight, I know how much he enjoys regular bamboo shoot soup, and as this one taste's even better, I know he'll adore it. I carefully grabbed the two bowls with the steaming soup and carried them to the table, setting them in their usual positions. M/n's eyes shined when he laid eyes on the bowl of soup, however I told him not to eat yet, I went back into the kitchen where I had Geralds meal prepared, it was raw fish served with eggs and (quail eggs but they dont have them in genshin i dont think, so im just saying eggs) some raw chicken (i think they have chickens in genshin..?) liver, as well as having some vitamins in there for the little guys wellbeing. I came back into the dining room and set down Geralds bowl, letting him chow down on the luxurious meal I had prepared for him. I then sat down and nodded to M/n, signaling that we could both dig into the soup. I picked up my utensils and took the first bite. Various flavors filled my mouth, the meat was beautifully tender and had seasoned amazingly, the broth was just the right consistency, managing to perfectly add to the meal without distracting from any of your main flavors. I looked up halfway through my meal and noticed that M/n had already finished and was petting Gerald, who had also finished. He looked over to me, "Xiaoo I'm tired, can we go to our room when you finish dinner?" I chuckled, nodding. We could deal with the dishes and such in the morning, plus, though neither of us needed sleep, it was always nice to drift off and forget about our worries, even if only for those few hours. 

I hurried with the rest of my meal, and spouted gibberish when M/n scooped me up bridal style, carrying me up the stairs to our room. He then set me down on the bed and crawled in next to me, covering both of us up with the covers and blankets. Once I had gotten comfortable, he slid closer to me, wrapping his arms around my waist and setting his head on mine. Mumbling something softly, he fell asleep, holding me a little tighter as he did so. I sighed lightly, turning around to face him, giving him a kiss on the forehead and snuggled closer to him, drifting off shortly after.

SORRY IF THIS SUCKED IM A LITTLE RUSTY AND I HAD TO WRITE SOMETHING TO COME BACK AND I DIDNT WANNA WRITE SOMETHING SAD AS MY RETURN THINGUE SO HAVE THIS WOEOEOOEOOWEOEWOWOWOEOEOW