Childe x (emotionless) male reader

( Just for a little bit of background info I won't be typing monotone every time you speak but just know you don't show much emotion and Childe has never seen you smile so yeah)

After you fell into the abyss you became a shell of a human, you fell in briefly before Childe did however you two came out as opposites. While Childe was bloodthirsty, constantly wanting to fight and cause chaos, while still being able to express emotion. You were devoid of emotion entirely not showing a shred of emotion even after all these years. You and Childe were both Harbingers, however the Tsaritsa trusted you more than Childe. After all, she knew you wouldn't have any emotions to get in the way of a mission. However, this time you and Childe had a mission together. Get Rex Lapis' Gnosis. You never understood why Childe always clung to you so much, he would follow you around and tell you about his day. All you would ever respond with was a nod or a "mhm", you didn't know how to respond to so much energy and talking. Even before you fell into the abyss nobody ever talked to you, so conversation was often difficult. However, despite all of that Childe seemed determined to befriend you or at least make you smile. You knew this mission was futile, but you didn't feel like pushing away the ginger, so you just let him do his thing. You soon figured out that the other harbingers treated him much worse than you expected, so you are the only co-worker Childe could talk too without getting told to leave them alone and go do his own mission.

Like two weeks into the mission, you could tell Childe was bored. You both knew you had to wait for the traveler so you two could get information through the traveler about Rex Lapis' Gnosis, but Childe was getting impatient and very bored. You on the other hand were fine with waiting, as long as you finished the mission. (Do I know how the fatui actually got the gnosis from Zhongli? yes. Will I acknowledge it and actually make the line of events canon? No. So have fun with some angst <3 yes this is going to be sad, was i going to make it happy at first? yes. Will I be making an alternative ending if it's requested by enough people? yes. But for now, have some sadness) You played with the cryo vision on your belt, listening to Childe rant about wanting to spar with you for the 6th time today. You looked at Childe as he stared at you expectantly, hoping you would spar with him at least once. "Childe no, I sparred with you yesterday. I'm not sparring with you again today." You failed to mention the fact he got fairly injured from the sparring match. Childe whined at this and dramatically put a hand on his heart spewing something about he couldn't believe you had done this to him. All you did was stare at him before noticing the millielith (how tf do you spell it?) chasing after Aether, the traveler. You looked over to Childe nodding your head over to the staircase so he could save the traveler and begin the first stage of the mission. You would hide in the shadows and gather as much information as possible without being seen, an easy enough first stage. What you didn't expect was for Childe to continue being the way he is during the few downtimes of the mission. You expected him to keep his head completely in the game, but he didn't. 

~~woo time skip because i cant stand writing useless filler that takes forever to come up with and overall has no impact on the plotttt~~~~

Finally, Childe and you were at the Golden House and in position. All you had to do was jump in and distract the traveler so Childe could slip by and get to Liyue Harbor to get the Gnosis. Meanwhile you would unleash Osial at the end of your fight with the traveler to distract Rex Lapis. You heard the doors of the Golden House burst open as the traveler and his flying companion entered, you merely listened as him and Childe went back and forth. Out of the corner of your eye you saw the traveler lunge towards Childe, your vision and delusion glowed as you appeared right in front of Childe using your sword to block the traveler's attack. "What a shame" Childe said while staying behind you, "I never thought it would have come to this." You knew this part of the mission and noticed the sarcasm in Childe's words, but apparently the traveler didn't, to be fair Childe was almost always talking to you, so you noticed the smaller details about his speech. Your eyes widened when you saw the traveler swing for your head using your cryo vision to coat you blade and most of the floor of the Golden House you effortlessly danced on the iced floor. You had the advantage, while you were gliding with ease and striking the traveler, he was struggling to even turn around to attempt to block your attacks. You saw Childe slip out of the Golden House, perfect. You allowed your delusion to light up fully and unleashed it. You and the traveler fought for an extended period of time, when you felt your delusion weakening you froze the traveler in place, only leaving his head unfrozen. You made no small talk as you used the talismans you were given to unleash Osial. Once you were sure you could hear his roaring in the distance you shot out of the Golden House, giving the traveler no time to react. 

Childe groaned as he saw where the Gnosis was on Zhongli, on his hip. he then whipped around to see you shoot forward, using the rain to your advantage you froze the geo archon right where he stood, only leaving his Gnosis unfrozen. "Perhaps you should be much more careful next time, Morax" you said turning away from Osial. However, what you nor Childe could plan for was for Osial to start focusing on you, sucking you towards the ocean as you scrambled to freeze the ground below you without freezing Osial. You were eventually sucked underwater, being trapped by the harsh waves and rough currents. Your lungs began to burn as you fought against the current as much as you could, when you briefly surfaced you seized the opportunity, you froze the water in front of you and ran back to the harbor by freezing the bottoms of your feet. When you got to the harbor you didn't see Childe anywhere. You two were meant to flee and go back home. You searched the entire harbor before heading to the dock, you found your co-worker limp on the dock his bow on the ground just in front of him, his eyes were heavy, and you could tell what happened. You felt a weight on your chest as the ginger's eyes lit up seeing you. Clearly excited to see you one last time "Ah, comrade- I'm sorry you have to see me like this" You felt confused as you lifted up the slightly shorter male and started sprinting. "M/n, don't worry about me I'll be fine" He somehow smiled, trying to make you feel better. "Childe just hang on a little while longer and I can get you to someone who will hel-" "You know comrade, I always wanted to see your smile. Somehow after all these years I still haven't seen it..." He trailed off but you felt the weight in your arms grow heavier, when you looked down Childe's eyes were dull, they held no life in them, and his chest no longer rose and fell. Your knees grew weak as you collapsed, tears welled up in your eyes as you held Childe closer to you. A strained and raw scream was heard all throughout Liyue Harbor as the rain pelted down even harder.

( ANNND THATS YOUR ENDING HAVE FUN WITH IT, I WROTE THIS FROM THE 23RD OF FEBUARY TO NOW ALSO I CANT SPELLL SO FEEL FREE TO GIVE POINTERS, ITS 11:04 PM I NEED TO PUBLISH THIS- ANYWAYS ENJOY THE HORRIBLY WRITTEN CHAPTER THAT I WILL REWRITE BECAUSE I FEEL LIKE IM LETTING YOU GUYS DOWN )

(made some minor changes that make it feel at least a little bit better)

(edit number two just as an fyi, i am making a non angst ending to this chapter the original plot remains the same however the final scene will differ from the original :) )