The Good Old Days

It was 8:30 AM on Sunday, September 12th and four-year-old Hinode Tora was heading over to the apartment next door where her best friend lived. His name was Midoriya Izuku and he was also four years old. She was wearing her tiger onesie for the game she and Izuku always played together. They called it Hero Missions, a role play game they made up together. Izuku would wear his All Might onesie and Tora her tiger onesie. They would pretend to be pro heroes in the same agency paired up with each other and go on make believe missions. Sometimes they would use action figures and stuffed animals to play the villains and hostages. Other times, they would use their imaginations and narrate what they were "seeing" to each other. They would play indoors some days and outdoors other days. For the past couple months though, they tended to play indoors more often, even on days when the weather was really nice. Their former neighborhood friend, Bakugo Katsuki, being the reason for this shift in playtime locations. The two of them used to hang out with Bakugo and the other neighborhood kids all the time. But ever since he and the other kids' quirks started manifesting, they started bullying Tora and Izuku and any other kids that hadn't gotten their quirks yet. Today, Tora and Izuku decided that they would be playing together indoors again. Tora absolutely loved spending time with Izuku and was so excited to play with him that she forgot to eat breakfast... again. She knocked on the door of the Midoriya Residence and Izuku's mother answered.

"Why hello Tora-chan! Izuku's changing into his All Might onesie right now. Come on in and make yourself at home while you wait for him. I'll let him know you're here." Izuku's mom greeted Tora in a sweet tone with a big smile on her face as she held the door open for the four-year-old girl.

"Okay!" Tora said cheerfully and stepped inside, heading directly for the computer room while Izuku's mother went to go let her son know his best friend was here. Shortly after, she came into the room to check on Tora.

"Are you hungry at all Tora-chan? Can I get you anything to eat while you're waiting?" She asked Tora whose stomach immediately growled from the mention of food. She chuckled as she reached down and patted Tora on the head.

"Haha, I'll take that as a yes. I just made some pudding buns. I'll go get some for you. Wait right here." Izuku's mom said as she left and headed for the kitchen. Shortly after, she was back and handed Tora two pudding buns.

"Here you go sweetie. Enjoy!" She said with a smile as Tora eagerly took them from her and thanked her politely before she started ravenously munching on the first one. Just then, Izuku burst through the door in his All Might onesie. The door bounced off the rubber stopper on the trim, closing behind the green-haired boy. He placed his hands on his hips and stood proud with his chest puffed out.

"Ha ha ha ha! Have no fear because I am here!" Izuku said enthusiastically, doing his All Might impression. His mother opened the door, about to leave the two alone to play.

"Izuku, I know you're excited that Tora-chan is here, but please let her finish eating first and don't rush her." She notified her son.

"Don't worry Mom! A hero always makes sure that both they and their partner take the necessary time to get ready and be fully prepared before starting a mission. Ah ha ha ha!" Izuku replied to his mom in an upbeat assuring tone similar to All Might. His mother chuckled.

"Haha okay honey. You two have fun!" His mother said smiling down at the two kids before she left the room and closed the door behind her. Tora was almost done eating the second pudding bun when Izuku turned to her.

"Did you skip breakfast again Tora?" Izuku asked his best friend. Tora just nodded because her mouth was full. When she swallowed the last bite, she replied.

"I was so excited to see you today that I forgot. You're the only one I like hanging out with anymore. I think you're WAY better than Katsu. He's become such a jerk ever since he got his quirk. And the other neighborhood kids have been following his lead." Tora said, frowning as she remembered the day Bakugo beat up Izuku to a pulp while two other neighborhood kids held her back to prevent her from intervening. She struggled to break free but to no avail, only able to watch helplessly while desperately begging them to stop hurting her best friend. This all started because Izuku tried to stand up for another kid against their bullying. The boy he was trying to defend was about their age and hadn't gotten his quirk yet. About two months had passed since then, but Tora still hadn't forgiven Bakugo and his buddies for what they put her and Izuku through that day.