Self Discovery

Bakugo and his friends were bullying Izuku again. Then Bakugo said something that set Tora off and she told him off which made him angry. But right as he was about to strike her, she transformed into a Bengal tiger and finally put him in his place like she promised nearly a decade ago. After Bakugo scrambled out of the classroom, Izuku just stood there with his mouth hanging open. He congratulated Tora on finally getting her quirk and thanking her for sticking up for him yet again. He approached her and hugged her, burying himself in her soft fur. Being a tiger was cool and all, but there was a problem that came with it.

"Umm Izuku?" She said as he continued to hold onto her, rubbing his face against her warm fur.

"Mmm so soft... Huh? What? Oh, sorry. Yeah Tora?" Izuku said as he awkwardly let go of her.

"I'm not quite sure how to turn back into a human again." Tora said as she sat back upon her haunches.

"We're gonna have to think about that later. We have to leave before the school closes or we'll get locked in. Let's walk home together. We can try to solve the problem on the way there." Izuku said as he grabbed his and Tora's backpacks and lead the way out of the classroom with her following right behind him towards the nearest exit. Right as they passed in front of the main school entrance, a poster on the double glass doors caught Izuku's attention. He suddenly stopped to take a look at it, causing Tora to bump into him and almost knock him over because she was much bigger than him as a tiger. In her human form she was smaller than Izuku. He was 166 cm (5'5") tall and weighed about 56 kg (123 lbs). As a human, Tora was 158 cm (5'2") tall and weighed 54 kg (119 lbs). But in her Bengal tiger form, she stood 100 cm (3'3") tall at the shoulder but weighed 181 kg (400 lbs). If she were to stand on her hind legs, she would be 244 cm (8'0") tall.

"Sorry Izuku." Tora apologized to the fluffy green haired male who was intensely studying the poster on the school entrance doors. He turned to face her and smiled.

"It's fine, don't worry about it Tora. It's not like it was your fault anyways. I did stop out of the blue without a warning after all." Izuku said before going back to reading the poster. Tora was starting to get curious about the poster that caught her best friend's attention so suddenly like that. So she took a peek at it too. It was was an ad announcing the Aldera Junior High Third Year Dance that was taking place tonight. Every year, Aldera Junior High held a school dance on the last Thursday of the first month of the school year for third year students. Since Tora and Izuku were both in their last year of middle school, they could attend. After both of them were done reading the details on the poster, they continued their walk home. About a minute of silence went by until Izuku spoke up.

"Can I ask something of you Tora?" Izuku asked his best friend who was still in her tiger form. Tora tilted her head to the side and gave him a puzzled look.

"Yeah...? What is it Izuku?" She responded, her eyes sparkling with anticipation. She was hoping for him to ask her out to the dance.

"Can I ride on your back?" Izuku asked with childish enthusiasm, his eyes sparkling with anticipation of her answer. She looked at him funny then sighed in slight disappointment.

"Fine, I suppose you can." She gave Izuku permission while rolling her eyes nonchalantly. He wasted no time and climbed onto her back. He was so light, it amazed her. But then again, She was a big strong tiger. As Tora walked home with Izuku happily perched upon her back, they both talked and laughed about how scared Bakugo and his buddies were when she turned into a tiger. People gave the two of them weird looks as they passed by, but they didn't care.

"So Tora, how did you turn into a tiger in the first place?" Izuku asked as they arrived around the corner from their apartment building. Tora thought for a minute to recall the instance then told him exactly what happened when she first activated her quirk.