Chapter 13: Baby's in Black

Draco sat in his usual spot next to Lord Voldemort, tapping his fingers impatiently as they waited for the last few Death Eaters to arrive. He could not help but notice Rodolphus on the other end of the table, skeptically eyeing his brother's empty chair. It had not escaped Draco's attention that Theo had mentioned his father was on Australia with Rabastan, and he was more than a little curious as to why they would take such a trip.

Theo was sitting across from him now, one seat over from Bellatrix. He was purposely avoiding Draco's eyes while a faint blush was visible on his cheeks, like he was ashamed of something. Merlin, Draco hoped he had nothing to be ashamed of. Hermione had mentioned Bronson Flooing into his living room just before midnight so, at least, he had not stayed over. But he also got the feeling by her smile that maybe something had happened. Though, he doubted Bronson would tell her about it, knowing how shy she got around such subjects. Probably just hinted.

Draco groaned. He supposed he should not care if Theo wanted to do ... stuff with another man, but he really felt that was not the case. If Theo had done anything, it was because he was drunk off his arse and his judgment was off.

Draco probably should have just puked in the alley and gone with him anyway but, truthfully, he had not wanted to. He had wanted to get home to Hermione, even though he knew she would never shag him while he was that intoxicated. He just wanted to be with her, and that was becoming a serious problem. Even now, all he could think about was getting home to her, climbing into the bed they now shared and just holding her. Shagging would be great but he did not need it.

Draco gulped at this realization. Shit.

Finally, the door burst open and Quincy Nott scrambled in. Alone. Draco glanced behind him but there was no sign of Rabastan anywhere. Funny."Rabastan will not be joining us tonight," said Quincy, taking his seat just to the right of his son. One spot lower. Only then did Draco notice how he grimaced as he did so. Theo looked up just in time to see it too. He suddenly went very white.

Their meeting carried on as usual. Curfew was still intact, Marcus Flint was still missing, Draco had officially started sending Death Eaters out to search homes for Hermione, having them use Obliviate before they left so they could not warn others about these searches. Of course, no one had found her, because they were not searching Death Eaters' homes. As it was, no one even considered this as a possibility. Draco found great satisfaction in that.

Right near the end, just before Lord Voldemort was going to dismiss everyone, Quincy spoke up and requested his attention.

"My lord, Rabastan is waiting to hear back from me for the go-ahead. Should I let him know we have your consent?"

"Consent for what?" asked Draco, cocking an eyebrow.

"None of your fucking bus-"

"Rabastan and Quincy have gone ahead and located Potter's Mudblood's parents," answered Lord Voldemort. "They had previously discovered that she erased herself from their memories and sent them to start a new life in Australia. Clever witch for a Mudblood." He smiled almost fondly. It was creepy.

Draco noticed Rodolphus come to full attention at the other end of the table.

"Yes, and we have them in our sights, my lord," said Quincy, glancing skeptically at Rodolphus. For some reason, he must not have wanted him to know about this. "With your consent—"

"What do you want them for?" asked Draco, suddenly feeling very nervous. But he masked it well.

"To lure her back," answered Quincy. "Obviously."

"And you really believe she would be stupid enough to turn herself back in?" Draco scoffed. "She spent over four years in your homes and, undeniably, knows your tricks very well. I highly doubt she believes you will show her parents any mercy, even if she returns."