Chapter 22: I Call Your Name

Hey Guys 

Guess what, I turned 18 today (8th June 2022) 

Now that I am finally legal enough to publish it here is the next chapter

*************************************************************************************

"Did you find anything yet?" asked Hermione, looking over Neville's shoulder as he flipped through one of the books Draco had given her on plants.

"No," he answered. "I have a couple ideas, but I will need Malfoy to verify the leaf for me when he gets back."

Hermione crinkled her nose. "You know, it would really be handy of one of us was an artist."

"I'm an artist in the kitchen!" called Bronson, who was currently throwing ingredients into a pot. "Does that count?"

"Only when we're hungry," said Hermione. Her stomach growled right on cue.

Just then, the alarm went off on the fireplace. No one moved. It turned out Neville knew a clever trick that let them give Draco and Theo their own specific alarms. This one was Draco's.

Sure enough, Draco appeared a few seconds later and stepped out of the fireplace. Then Theo's alarm went off.

"Any luck, Longbottom?" asked Draco.

"Maybe," said Neville, flipping to his marked pages. "Come see."

Draco walked over as Theo appeared in the fireplace. He looked at the open page. "No. The leaves were sharper."

Neville flipped to another page.

"The leaves were greener."

Theo reached into his bag and pulled out another book. He tossed it at Neville. "Merry Christmas."

Neville picked it up and gasped. "This book is forbidden. It has every lethal plant known to man. W-where did you get it?"

"Don't ask," said Theo before sinking into an armchair. "Hundreds of laws were broken, a few innocent lives lost. A truly messy ordeal. Dismembered limbs, heads hanging by nothing but a thin slice of skin ..."

"Neville, he's joking," Hermione said quickly when she noticed the sick shade of green he was turning. "Stop messing with him, Theo."

Theo smirked. "You would think he'd have a stronger stomach after being involved in a bloody war for five years—Ouch!"

Draco walked by and smacked Theo on the back of the head before going over and sitting next to Hermione, automatically putting on arm around her waist and pulling her towards him. Neville tried really hard not to stare but, in two days, he had not exactly gotten used to the idea of them being together. He had asked to check for the Imperius Curse on her, as well as Amortentia, at least ten times. She had consented the first three times, but now she was tired of having to prove herself.

Just then, Draco leaned over and kissed her cheek. Neville could not hide his grimace.

"If you don't like it, Longbottom, then stop fucking staring," said Draco.

"Sorry," Neville said with a slight blush.

"Whatever. I'm going to go get our supplies ready." Draco stood up and disappeared into his room.

"Food's ready!" Bronson called from the kitchen.

Hermione went over to help him prepare the plates. But then she noticed there were only four. "Aren't you eating with us, Bronson?"

"No," he said while biting a piece of asparagus. "I have plans later."

Theo glanced in their direction. Bronson tried not to notice.