Chapter 26: Tomorrow Never Knows

"Where are we?" asked Draco as he sat himself up, his hands stinging as they gripped the snow.

"Godric's Hollow," answered Hermione, holding steadily onto his arm so he would not strain himself. "I know you and the other Death Eaters ran the resistance out of here, but I figured it would not hurt to see if they returned."

Looking around, Draco saw that they were in the center of the village square. "We should move out of view. They don't like me very much here."

"Yes, of course," said Hermione, putting his arm around her shoulders and helping him to his feet.

"Granger, I'm fine."

"You're still recovering, Draco. You shouldn't have taken that curse for me. Just one doesn't do much to me anymore."

"You've been tortured enough in your life, Granger," he said. "I think you're done."

"Let's hope," she said, helping him as he limped out of the square.

Unsure of where to go, Draco and Hermione walked over to the forest. Hermione helped Draco sit against a tree and then began looking around.

"Do you think we should setup camp?" she asked.

"I suppose we might as well," said Draco, already trying to stand.

Hermione quickly held him down. "No, Draco. I'll go find a clearing. You stay here."

"We shouldn't separate—"

"It's fine," she said. "They're not going to come here looking for us tonight."

"I would still feel better if we stayed together."

"I won't go far. And, if you need me—" Hermione took out her wand and waved it, creating a small, blue bird. She put it on Draco's shoulder. "—send him to me."

Hermione began to stand, but Draco grabbed her wrist and pulled her back towards him. He stroked her cheek and gave her a tender kiss. "Don't be gone long," he said.

Hermione smiled and nodded. "I'm really glad you're here." She kissed him again before running off into the trees.

As soon as she was gone, Draco closed his eyes and pressed his head back against the tree. He sighed deeply. He knew he should not have come. It was selfish of him to put her in this sort of danger, but he just could not bear the thought of losing her. Not yet. Now, all he could do was help her find the resistance, and hope that they would not kill him on the spot.

Hearing a faint giggle that sounded a bit like bells, Draco opened his eyes again. He screamed as he came face to face with a beautiful, translucent woman.

"You," he said, recognizing the ghost from before. It was the same one who had led him to Hermione's ring.

"Is she the one?" the ghost woman asked in a spooky yet beautiful voice that sounded like music.

"What?" he asked, pursing his eyebrows.

She giggled again. "The one you love."

Draco's jaw fell slightly.

"I watched you in the forest when you were here before. When you killed that horrible woman who had done such awful things to the girl you loved." She smiled. "I could see it in your eyes."

"Oh," said Draco, looking in the direction Hermione had gone. He gulped. "Yes. She's the one."

Her smile widened. That is, until she began scanning Draco up and down, noticing how wounded he was. "Are you in trouble?" she asked.

Draco sighed. He nodded slowly.

"Well, then you should not be out in the open like this."

"She is setting up camp," he said.