Country Roads

The ride was quiet. Sure there were small talks here and there, but the atmosphere was mostly peaceful.

"Fon-san, about your apprentice, she's doing okay."

"You know where I-pin is!?" Fon had been hoping and praying the girl he considers a daughter was safe when he heard news of the Triad's downfall.

"Yep! She's currently in her senior year of middle school!"

"That's good... really. Thank you."

"Kyoushi-kun, where are we heading?" Aria asked.

"Himitsu~"

The ride was silent aside from the occasional chatter between mother and daughter, or when Tazaru and Nozaru were brave enough to approach their new-found princess.

Through the car windows, they can see the passing view of the small town; only a handful of residents were outside, yet the streets were filled with warmth and smiles.

"Y'know..." Nozaru spoke first in a while, "...this town feels so tranquil, it scares me how no major power is behind it."

'I wonder, fufu~ Oh dear, I sound like Mukuro-san.'

"Yeah." Tazaru agreed. "And it's small enough that no mafioso would think to step foot in here."

"There's the Smoking Bomb, and the Scarlet Swordsman though?" Gamma refuted. "Also, judging by how they introduced themselves, it's a safe bet that Namimori probably has a complete set of Guardians."

"That's one huge bet there, kora."

"Still..." this time, it was Lal, "...it's a mystery how this new-found Vongola heir possess the closest bloodline to the Vongola Primo."

"...y'know what, kora? You have a point."

Skull, who was still in Kyoushi's arms, was the one to notice the little changes in the young teen's expression - twitching of his lips, for one. It's not in Skull's place, so he kept quiet while basking in the warmth he hadn't felt in a long time.

Takeshi, who overheard the comment of tranquility chimed in, "Of course, Namimori is peaceful. Kyoya is the one who manages the patrol routes and security.."

'I still can't wrap my head around the fact that my nephew let this young man call him so familiarly.'

"That's Fon's nephew, right?" Verde inquired.

"Yep! He's Namimori's Cloud after all!"

~~~~~~~

"Oh, right, I almost forgot. Before we can arrive at our destination, let's get your wounds healed up a bit, and new change of clothes. Dang, Nee-san and Kyoya are gonna kill me if I forget."

Pretty sure they weren't supposed to hear that last part.

"Where exactly?"

"Sunshine Clinic."

"What an adorable name."

"Kyoushi came up with it."

"I was eight, Takeshi-nii!"

"It is cute, Nii-sama"

"Not you, too, Yuni."

Kyoushi used his hands to cover his face that was turning red, which is somewhat futile in hiding his embarrassment because of his ears.

'Surprising how he knew of the mafia since young but still retain that innocence.' Reborn mused. 'A peculiar case indeed.'

You have to lose either your innocence or sanity once you step foot in the underworld - that's the basic (and damaging) truth every child in mafia had grown up with. Or maybe it's just a Sky trait.

Luce was still kind.

Aria, while sharp, still is sweet.

And now this young teenager still possess that bright smile.

It would be better if it could stay that way.

~~~~~~~

"Yo, Senpai! I brought guests; and by guests... I mean, there's some scratches here and there..."

Aria was amused by the man's sheepish look but holds her bubbling laughter.

Not soon after the young swordsman said those words, a man emerged through the door with a beaming smile.

"Takeshi! And... um, Arcobalenos and Giglio Neros?"

"Yep."

"Come in. Make yourselves at home. There's also change of clothes for you if need any."

They couldn't refuse.

"Ah, senpai, you forgot to introduce yourself."

"Oh, right! Ahem. Name's Sasagawa Ryohei, Head Medic of Namimori."

Kyoushi couldn't help but add, "He's also Namimori's Sun."

Figures.

"Yeah, and that, too..." The man, Ryohei, just shrugged and gestured for them to follow him deeper inside the house-clinic.

"Let's get you guys patched up first before you continue on your way."

Colonnello stared the the back of the newly introduced medic, his fingers tapping on the strap of his shotgun. 'Sasagawa Ryohei... where have I heard that name before?'

°•○●○•°