Chapter Six

"Alright. There's no way to fix this from your universe, because everyone there is either clueless or a looney bird." Tony said. "We have to build the same machine Harry made in your universe here, send us all back to our universes, then my good man Peter here will shut down the machine in this universe, and you'll shut down the one in yours. That should be able to close the space time continuum." Tony said while looking at me. I nodded.

It was that moment when a searing pain ran through my whole body. I let out a screech and fell down to my knees, hugging my stomach. It felt as if my whole body was on fire. I couldn't here anything except a loud buzzing in my brain, and my vision was blurry. My pulse thrummed in my skull and a shooting pain buzzed through my head. I sat there crouched on the floor. 

I felt myself being lifted up and carried somewhere. I was put down somewhere soft, but i was in too much pain to know where.

And then suddenly, the pain my head dulled down, the room stopped spinning and my ears stopped ringing. I looked around and saw the three boys hovering over me with worried looks. Peter held my hand and clenched it tightly.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked in a panic. I took in a deep breath and nodded. 

"Her cells are dying. We need to get a move on." Tony said. I sat up stiffly and Peter rapped an arm around me. I look up at him and chewed my lip. Id only just met this boy, and yet I was falling in love with him. we were falling in love together. I loved his smile and his hair, his kindness and concern, his laugh, and his energy. I was being stupid, but something inside us was forcing us together, but everything else was pulling us apart. I couldn't let this happen, it was break both our hearts.

A fast buzz ran through my head both Peter and I immediately rose to our feet. He turned to me.

"Somethings going on. I have to make sure everyone stays safe. You stay here and start working on the machine." He said. I nodded and watched as he ran out of the room and leaped off the balcony. I let out a sigh and looked over at Tony who was squinting his eyes.

"What?" I asked. He rolled his eyes.

"Look, I know you and that spidey boy are excited to be around each other and all riled up, but now is not the time for distractions." He said. I frowned.

"I'm not distracted." I insisted. 

"Mary, we're dying. Us forming a bond with anyone in this world, even with each other only makes our jobs harder, because eventually it will come to an end one way or another." He said. I looked over at Harry who avoided eye contact.

"Harry, I want you to get an engineering crew working on these blueprints now." Tony said as he handed Harry a rolled up piece of paper. Harry nodded and walked over to the elevator and disappeared. 

Tony looked at me and sighed.

"Give each other what you need, and end on good terms, but don't make promises you cant keep." He ordered. I looked down at the ground.

"But those are the best kind."