⫺ Prologue

ELYA'S POV

"Emy!"
"..."
"EMYYYYYYY"
"WHAT!?"

"I think we are dead"

"No, really? I hadn't noticed. It's not like we're floating around like ghosts on our bodies when we get hit by a truck."

"What are you talking about? We're really floating." I answered since it was obvious.

"..."

"What, did I say something wrong?"

"No, nothing. By the way, why did you throw yourself in front of the truck to save me knowing I was too heavy for you to be able to push me?"  She said, questioning me.

"..."

"Elya?"

"I wanted to go to hell with you?"  I replied more as a question.

"If you had asked me, I would have sent you there without hesitation." She smiled at me weirdly.

"Don't ever smile like that again."

"Why not?"

"You're scarier than your head when you wake up in the morning."  I answered trying to be as polite as possible...

"You little bit-"

...and apparently I failed.

***

She didn't have time to finish her sentence, (fortunately for me), that we were teleported in a rather particular place. It was a big room with a lot of plants and animals. At the back of the room, there was a woman sitting upside down on a golden throne leafing through a book. She had beautiful long blonde hair and was dressed in a beautiful white dress that probably reached her knees. She had a raven sitting next to her that seemed to alert her to our presence. She didn't bother to look at us and continued to read whatever was in her notebook.

"Welcome to he-"

When she finally took her eyes off her book, she paused in what she was about to say. I could tell that her violet eyes complemented her beauty perfectly...

"Wait... Who the heck are you?"

She teleported ahead, examined us properly and then went back to check her book. WOW. But after that, I can also say that her words have just broken all the respect I had for her -or the angels in general- only a few seconds ago. It's good to see that you can always count on someone like this to explain to you why you're dead. Why should I answer her when she's clearly the one who came out of nowhere? WTF-

"You took the words right out of my mouth, Miss Angel." Emy replied with another of her strange smiles.

"No,no,no,no,no... It is not the souls that were supposed to die. What am I going to do? If the boss finds out..." The angel-look-like mumbled more to herself for a long moment.

"Can you please tell us who are you?" I said, bringing her out of her thoughts.

"Look, you weren't supposed to die until *ahem* let's say a long time. So you would be reincarnated in a completely different world." She says, completely ignoring my question.

She was about to snap her fingers, probably to teleport us , when I shouted:

"WAIT!"

She stopped in her tracks to cover her ears and frowned at me. I didn't know I had such a beautiful voice. LOL.

"What do you want again?" Miss Angel said, clearly annoyed.

"I think you owe us some explanation, don't you? First of all, we see our bodies being crushed by a truck to meet some kind of angel who doesn't even take our lives seriously. Secondly, you tell us that we don't have to die so we could have continued to live our lives in peace. Thirdly-"

"You're being rude to us when we haven't done anything and you're telling us out of nowhere that we'll be reincarnated in another world as if I'd believe that. You take us for assh-". My best friend continued at my place, you can tell she's pissed off.

"Okay, okay. Calm down, you scare away the animals. I'm sorry, what do you want to know?"

***

"So you are saying that I will be reincarned in a romance novel where the story takes place in the 400s?! But how I will survive without internet or phone and you don't bother to tell us the name of the novel?" I exclaimed to better understand all the information I was given at once.

"We will be. And yes, if it a romance novel we will be fine."

"But...but-"

"Because you prefer to be reincarnated in the middle of the apocalypse maybe?" said Emy, probably to try to convince me.

"If it bothers you that much not to have your cell phone, hold a card, it will be used for you." Continued the angel

"....but it's blank."

"It will be active in the other world, it's just to piss you off, don't worry."

"...Thanks you, Miss Angel-look-like" I finally said as I saw my hands slowly disintegrate, it was a sign that we were teleporting.

"I hope I never see you again too! And I already told you that my name was Da-"

She didn't finish her sentence that we completely teleported to our new bodies...

______________________

Thanks for reading!
I hope you enjoy the story._.

What's the name of the mysterious angel? Da- ???

To be continued~