⩥ Chapter Ⅰ

ELYA'S POV

"...ya..."

"...lya..."

"...Elya!"

I woke up to a silver-haired girl next to me. Whoever she is, she is very beautiful with her green eyes and thin face.

"Yes? Wait... How do you know my name? And who are you?"

"You know Elya, there will always be two things that always amaze me about you: the fact that you don't recognize your best friend and your deficient, really, deficient memory."

"Emy? Wow, you've gotten less ugly you know?"

"And you don't border on ugly anymore you know?"

We both burst out laughing.

"Do you think there's anyone in this mansion?" Emy asked me, probably because of the strange silence outside.

"Sure, let's go for a walk?" I said as I got out of bed.

"After you." She said to me as she got up from the bed.

But as I walked towards the door, a maid came in and slammed the door, she was in tears.

"My ladies! You are finally awake, I thought you would stay in a coma forever! She exclaimed, sniffling and clutching my nightgown.

The maid in question was beautiful with her long black hair, white streak and black and white eyes. She looked sincere when she cried and looked at us with great warmth, as if we were her children. I handed her a handkerchief but she cried even more.

"Is that for me, my lady? You're too kind, I didn't think I'd get any present from youuuuuuuu..." And she went back to crying her life.

It's not that I'm bored, but I just wanted to have a look around. However, Emy, which was behind me a moment ago, doesn't seem to agree with me.

"WOW! She's really a maid from the 400s! Is it hard to take care of such a big mansion? Do you have any secret skills? What do you do when you have your period? Do you use special pan-" she said suddenly while examining the poor maid.

"Why don't we go outside Emy?" I said, interrupting her before she could say something stupid.

Before she could protest, I grabbed her by the hand and dragged her to the door and continued walking down the long corridors whose walls are decorated with ornaments and paintings, probably the family lineage of this body, but now that I think about it...

"Don't you think it's weird?"

"I don't think the people in the paintings are from the same lineage as the former owner of your body because their hair color is not the same."

"How did you know what I was thinking?"

"What are you talking about? You said it out loud though."

"I haven't opened my mouth since we left the room."

"What? So you're saying I'm a mind reader? But I didn't hear the maid's."

"Maybe you need to focus or something like superheroes?"

"LOL. Now I'm really wondering where we landed."

***

After we asked some information to the servant while she changed us with heavy dress (compared to the one of the modern time), we decided to leave to the library of the duchy. Apparently, according to the maid, we are Eleanore and Irene Callisto, the only daughters of Duke and Duchess Callisto and we will be eight years old this year. She also told us that she was Eira, our personal servant since our birth and that she had never seen us so calm. As soon as the maid named us, Emy's eyes lit up, I wonder why. But come to think of it, I've heard those names somewhere before...