⩥ Chapter Ⅱ

Little reminder:

ELYA reincarnated as ELEANORE Callisto

EMY reincarnated as IRENE Callisto

ELEANORE'S POV

The days passed quickly... No, I'm just kidding, it seemed to last forever, there was nothing to do. We don't live in the same huge castle as our parents. Don't ask me why, nothing normal has happened since we arrived. Well, let's continue, we met our mother, who was in tears when she saw us. She had almost the same reaction as the grand duke but she was less scary, I would even say she was the opposite. Can you see the cliché coming?

During the days that passed we didn't do anything interesting, we were just trying to get used to this strange world. Maybe in the usual reincarnation stories, the main character gets used to wearing a big dress, running with dresses, dancing well with a partner with dresses and, in my opinion, the worst thing in this era is the way they talk.

There is no more "dude" or "wesh" in the dictionary and it forms their sentence strangely, I feel like I hear a quote every time someone speaks. OOH, and I didn't tell you but, when they want to politely decline an offer, for example, instead of answering you "No", they say "Nenni". That's how I decided to always carry a (mini) dictionary with me. I'm sure a simple "your mom" and the person you insulted would faint! I want to try but... I know Irene will stop me.

Speaking of her, she's gotten better with her psychic powers and guess who she's been testing her powers on? Me! But also the servant, the plants, other servants, the cooks, etc. Speaking of my powers, I tried to test the earth, one of the four elements I have but it's difficult. The best result I got was a flower that grew in my hand.

For water, I had a shower trying to control the water from the watering cans. I managed to create water bubbles and make them fly but Eira called me at the wrong time and all the bubbles, which were above me, fell.

For the wind, the only thing I was able to do was a mini-tornado and when I say mini, it was really the size of an insect.

For the fire, it was easier than expected to be honest. Since there is no electricity, at night as a night light I always have a candle somewhere. Strangely that night, I couldn't sleep. So I tried to control the little flame of the candle and it was my first success! I was so happy that I ran into the next room, Irene's room, and showed her the flame in my hand that was changing shape. She was surprised at first but then asked me what time it was. Since I didn't want to tell her that it was probably midnight, I sprinted back to my room. I was glad to get used to at least one attract of this world.

This morning, I decided to join Irene in her room to talk to her about something I had since forgotten. By entering, I saw her on the floor with several books around her. I joined her with mouse steps, not daring to disturb her.

Is she ignoring me or what?

You'll never guess the title of the book in which she is so focused: "The Perfect Assassin's Guide". I knew she already killed someone and she didn't tell me-

"Do you remember the card the woman gave us?" I say to break the silence.

"Yes, she has what? Didn't you say she was all white?"

"Exactly! I compared the card, on which recipients had appeared, with a book from the library. It matched!"

"Wait, seriously? Let's see."

I handed her the card now filled with colors and showed her the several dots that appeared as we read the names. There were about sixteen points and each corresponded to an item that did not yet exist at the time of the novel or to a magic:

1. A tutorial for making magic potions
2. Power-Enhancing Gemstones
3. A cell phone
4. Headphones
5. Artifact
6. Invisibility Cloak
7. Surprise Magical Pet
8. Magic spell, magic circle
9. Material to build weapons
10. Love Potions
11. Japanese manga
12. ???
13. Scope to detect magic
14. Soft drink
15. Snacks from the 2000s
16. Jewelry to speak with mythical creatures and animals

"By collecting all the items, you will get a new surprise item as a reward. *This is a limited time offer." I read aloud.

Time left: 122 days: 24h: 59m

A countdown started at the end of my reading. Irene (Emy) looked like she was deep in thought. For my part, I think we could pass the challenge since the places indicated by the dots were all near here, except for the first dot which was on the magicians' tower and the tenth which seems to be buried in a forest of some kind. Not forgetting my curiosity to discover the surprise item.

"So basically, we have to be adventurous to find these items in four months?"

"Yup." She answered, indifferent.

"Look, this one is underground! How are we supposed to get it?" I pointed to the 10th point on the map.

She thought for a short while.

"Are we asking Hades? You wanted to go visit him the first time we died." Irene reminded me, smiling.

"You're funny, like I was going to ask him to get it for me!"

"..."

I understood immediately what she was thinking.

"No is no."

"...But you have the power of the dark so-"

"Nope." I retorted

"Don't you want to get the surprise reward?"

"Yes but no."

"You will try to summon him at least?"

"I won't."

"You will."

"No."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes."
"No. Yes."
"No."

"You said no! I won't then!" I say, doing the dance of joy.

"*sigh* What do you want in exchange?"

WOW. She seems to know me so well. HAHA.

"Hmmm... I want...

...that we make a horse race to the nearest town."

_____________

^o^ 🏵✨

THANKS YOU FOR READING!