⩥ Chapter Ⅴ

IRENE'S POV

I didn't find anything on my side and it's been 30 minutes that I'm waiting for Eleanore at the place where we had agreed to meet again. Knowing her, it's not normal. The funny thing was that before leaving, she slipped the map into my bag, so I had the map with me. I took it and looked carefully at the dot that indicated the location of the glasses we were looking for. It had changed color! In the legend of the map, this indicates that the object has been found but, why is she still not arrived?

"Eero!" I shouted.

Since we had been waiting for Eleanore for a long time, he went to rest on the top of a tree branch. As soon as I called him, he came down immediately and appeared before me like a puppy that had found its owner.

"What can I do for you? He said enthusiastically.

I let out a laugh and pointed to a spot on the map.

"Could you take us there?" I asked him.

"I'll do it on one condition." He said determined.

He knows I'll accept since I don't have time to waste.

"What?"

"You have to stroke my head afterwards." He said with a little reddened cheeks.

I was stunned, seriously?

"Okay."

Once there, he went to take my hand to put it on his head when I saw something on the floor that caught my attention. I looked him in the eye and said:

"I'll pet your head for 10 minutes if you do everything I say unconditionally."

"20 minutes."

"15 minutes"

"30 minutes or nothing."

"Okay." I sighed, he's good to negociate. 

'I have a sense of déjà vu¹. Hmm... Must be my imagination.'

I walked over to the object and to my surprise, recognized my sister's pearl brooch.

'Shit, something happened to her!'

ELEANORE'S POV

I woke up slowly with a huge pain in my head.

'That bastard didn't hesitate to knock me out, huh.'

I wanted to touch my head, but I soon realized that my hands were tied behind my back with very strong ropes and a little too tightly. I wasn't alone in the dungeon by the way, there were two little boys asleep who were about my age. One had rorange hair with a mask like in the masquerade balls and the other had blond hair. Looking at them more closely, I wondered if they didn't look like the captures targets in the novel.

I quickly gave up, too lazy to think about boys I would never see again. I came out of my thoughts when a girl was thrown into the same prison as me. I also soon recognized the beautiful white hair of my partner in crime, Irene. She smiled at me when she recognized me too.

"So, how did you get here too, Sherlock?" I said amused.

"The fact that you doubt my abilities at a crime scene disappoints me, Watson!" She answers falsely disappointed.

We both burst out laughing at our ability to get into trouble.

"Well, I'm going to start my story. Once upon a time..." She started.

FLASHBACK - IRENE'S POV

For a long time I have been following the large footprints that came from the dark alley. They eventually led me to a small, dilapidated building.There were wooden stairs that seemed to lead to an underground place. I just went down and at the bottom there were some candles to light the way in the dark cave. I kept going until I heard two voices talking inside. I hid in the darkness of the cave to hear them.