⩥ Chapter Ⅷ

A/N:

'Thought in italics.'

'Communication from Irene in italics AND bold thoughts.'

:]  =P  Enjoy your reading!

ELEANORE'S POV

One day, Mrs. Hardstar gave us a sheet with several that we had to follow if we didn't want to be punished.

Here's an overview of the damn rules:

⋇⋆⋉⊷ TO RESPECT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO DIE. ⊶⋊⋆⋇

Always stand up straight.

Always keep a smile on your face.

Remember all the etiquettes learned at the table.

Attend every banquet you are invited to.

Never do any acrobatics, running or other physical exertion at any time.

Execute ALL orders given by the teachers without objection.

Never cause a scene in public, just endure. Any verbal or physical fighting is STRICTLY prohibited at all times.

Never reveal your powers in public.

Sword training (fighting, etc.) will now be restricted.

NEVER break any of its main rules.

⋇⋆⋉⊷ IMAGINE ANOTHER INFINITY OF RULES HERE. ⊶⋊⋆⋇

You'll never believe me if I tell you that the 'sheet' was three meters long.

'Naaah. Me, respecting all its rules. Ha.ha. They're funny. I'm already too lazy to read all this.'

I glanced back at Irene who was reading the end of the sheet. I don't know how she does it, but she's always been able to finish an assignment or a reading in record time. In my old life, I thought that was too much since she never got tired. But now, I have to admit that she is impressive. I'm not saying I can't do it, it's just that my laziness got the better of me.

"We're not going to bend to her rules, are we?" I whispered to her.

"No, I have a plan. But I need you to obey the teachers for now, okay?"

"Are you stu-"

'Meet me in my room after.'

'But- WTF. Wait... She could communicate with me through thoughts? Since when?'

She bowed to the demon teacher and walked away. I did the same and retired to my room. Why the hallways have to so loooooooong.

Stand up straight!

Walk properly!

Put the rest of the dictionaries on your head!

This is for your own good! Well my ass, they're just psychopaths obsessed with the money they make from 'teaching' us. AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGG. Just because I'm a kid doesn't mean I'm going to believe their stuff.

Why haven't I kicked their ass yet, huh?

'Speaking of the novel, why do we always blame the villain of the story for being cruel to the heroine when she's just trying to survive?