⩥ Chapter Ⅶ

POV IN THE THIRD PERSON

The eyes of the three boys widened.

'Shit.'

The two boys thought simultaneously. Eero was already aware of this fabulous power that the girl had, he even used it to tease her.

'So she hears everything I think. But that's nothing against someone who has the power of light and darkness. Interesting...'

'One can get into someone's brain and the other can control light and dark. I really want to challenge them!'

'My ears hurt from hearing them. But I haven't had any physical contact with them so how can I read their thoughts? It's too complicated, this magic business.' Irene finally thought, knowing what the boys had been saying in their heads all along.

ELEANORE'S POV

In the silence of the room, I looked around for an exit.

'Found it!'

I finally noticed a small opening in the wall. I think we could find a way to destroy this wall and escape.

'The wall is weakened on this side, we could use it to our advantage but which of our powers would be the most useful?'

"Eero has weapons, Florian has the power of construction and Leon controls the darkness. What do you think we could do?"

The boys finally came out of their thoughts.

"Leon could sneak out by transforming into his shadow and see if there is a crack outside as well.-" I began still thinking about the rest.

"-Then I could build something to create enough force to destroy the wall-" Florian continued, miming his object.

"-And we can use the weapons to defend ourselves if we ever get spotted!" Leon finished by taking the sword from Eero.

"Let's say we have a plan." Irene said with a smile.

We went along with the plan we had prepared and we were finally out of that dark and disgusting hole. But what was really weird was that as soon as we got out, it started to rain. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against rain, it's just that in my situation, where I'm facing a dozen of assasins with only a knife in my hands.

Hmmmm... I guess it's not the best thing that could have happened to me.

And yes, as soon as we destroyed the wall, people, all dressed in black and armed, blocked the road to our freedom.

And guess what the first thing I hear after I get out?

"What a beauty we have here?" Said one of the men in front of us licking his lips.

'That bastard, I swear I'll cut out his tongue and torture him before I kill him. I'm going to-'

Before I could continue further in my thoughts, Irene tapped me on the shoulder before whispering to me.

"He's already dead, Eleanore. And calm down or you'll end up killing the most important characters in the novel."

At her words, I looked around and saw everyone on the floor holding their throats, as if they were choking. I felt really bad all of a sudden and the pressure in the air left. It was my turn to have an uncontrollable cough. I fell to my knees and noticed with horror the blood on my hands. I felt Irene caress my back but my vision was becoming increasingly blurred.

"Can you stand up? If not you can get on my back." She asked.

I nodded and she bent down in front of me. She lifted me up as if nothing had happened and turned around to face the boys who were looking at me strangely. Leon was looking at me with stars in his eyes as if he had found a new opponent and Florian, when he noticed that I was looking at his little figure, I think I saw a little smile on the corner of his lips.