Bus No.13

Alexander and Aaron Newman, both were apart by three years. Alexander is in the same grade as me. I think he beats Harry in the list of 'Friends I've known for the longest.' 

We have been friends since 1st grade of elementary all because we took the same bus. Right now we go by bus no.21 but till 8th grade we were in bus no.13.

During those days in bus no.13, we were the pipsqueaks of the bus. We were just 4th graders bossed around by the seniors. 

But out of all the seniors there was one kind person, Kane Carlos. Everyone called him "KC".  

Before becoming friends with him, I thought his name was "Kacey" as everyone called him that. It was later that I found out that it was just a short-form others were using.

He was two years senior to us and a die hard Fast and Furious fan. He graduated when we were in 8th grade and it was in 8th grade that we were asked to change buses. 

We hated that but had no other choice. I still met up with KC during school breaks.

He looked calm all the time and if I recall I've only seen him mad once, and that was in 5th grade when he had a brawl with another senior, Asher.

I didn't like Asher very much as he always bullied me and Alexander. 

He'd scribble over our coloring book, threw our bags out and took our seats. He was also in the same class as KC. One day it hit KC's nerve when Asher took my bag along with KC's and threw it down. KC held his hand with a strong grip to question him.

"Leave after picking up the bag you bastard!" 

Trying to make KC let his hand go, Asher slapped KC. 

The whole bus could hear that slap. KC's face was red and tears were rolling down his eyes. I just stood beside staring at him the whole time cause even if I tried to stop the fight I would end up being beaten up by Asher. 

The whole bus was cheering KC to return the blow. But KC just quietly picked the bag up and sat down. We all decided to act like nothing happened and took our seats.

Later when Asher's stop arrived, KC quickly took his flask out and yelled 

"TAKE THAT!" as he shoved the hot water on Asher's face just when he was getting off the bus and quickly closed the bus's door. 

Asher looked like he was in a world of pain as he tried to open the door again but no matter what he did the door wouldn't open as even the other seniors stood by KC's side to hold the door

There was a big smirk on KC's face when the bus started moving again. 

"Now you proved that you are a man KC!" the other seniors remarked as KC went to take his seat.

It was a first time for me seeing KC ravage like this. On the next day Asher tried to retaliate but another senior, Raymond(was senior to Asher by one year) caught him by his collar and told

"If I catch you doing that to my juniors again, I will not hesitate to pound you with my fist"

Asher looked like he wet his pants from Raymond's cold stare so he gave up at that instant and after that he never messed with us again.

Even the Newman brothers were in bus no.13 along with Austin. Three of them have been my van mates ever since 4th grade. There were times when we fought but we did reconcile later. Three of them lived in the same apartment. I've been jealous of that as Apartment localities have better facilities that the locality where I lived. 

Mine barely had a ground to play. I spent my break time playing tag with my neighbours on the road while those three had their very own park and pool in their Apartment, SVR Fauna.

Austin was three years younger than me and Aaron was one year senior to Austin. I made Austin cry once back in 7th grade. 

On a certain evening while going back home in the bus, we decided to play a game of 'Ups and Downs' among the five of us : me, my bro Greg, Alexander, Aaron and Austin. In this game each player must say Ups as you stood and Downs as you sat. 

The penalty is if another player notices you not saying that he can hit your back unless you said it. Well it went smooth for some time but later, when I forgot to say Ups as I stood, Austin gave a hard hit on my back. It hurt a ton. 

When my stop had arrived I noticed that Austin sat without saying Downs, so as revenge I gave him one hard hit on the back. Well it did hurt a lot so he started bawling his eyes out.

I did apologize to him on the next day and even asked him to hit my back as much as he liked. Well it took no time to make him smile and laugh again.

I feet nostalgic as I remember those days in that bus. Now coming back to bus no.21, across the Newman bros were Cedric and Rayden. Both were also 10th graders. Cedric was in the same class as me this year, class X C.

Both Cedric and Rayden were always competing over the new hot-wheels they bought. No matter how much me and Alexander teased them for playing with toys while being 10th graders they paid no heed.

Rayden was the one who introduced the collecting of hot-wheels to Cedric.........

To be continued in Hot Wheelz