Patrick's Lie

It was a fine morning. It has just been one week since the special classes began. As I entered the class, I could see that Shane and Nasir were having a battle of tic-tac-toe on the blackboard.

"Why are you so damn good at this game Shane? let me win at least once bro."

"I'm just playing the game by following the rules, how is it my fault that you suck at this.", replied Shane with a poker face on.

"Sup guys! Today's another fine day innit.", said me as I took a seat next to Karter, who looked like he was in deep sleep.

"Yo Karter, wake up sleepyhead!", screamed Nasir as he pulled Karter's hair.

Karter seemed to have woke up from that and there was still drool rolling down his mouth.

"What's your problem idiot! can't wake me up properly or what.", said Karter while wiping the drool off his face.

The other classmates seemed to come back as the bell for the first class rang. We all took our seats. Nasir took a seat with Cedric while my bro was with Shane.

We all stood up as our class teacher, Miss Anne entered the class holding the language textbook and the attendance book.

"Good morning ma'am!", wished the whole class.

She then started calling names for today's attendance. Once the last name was called she told us all to take our work books out and note down whatever she was dictating.

"Hey Berty, note down whatever she is saying please. I'm too tired today as I had to play CS-GO in the morning" whispered Karter as he hid behind the textbook by holding it up and dozed off.

Even his reasoning didn't sound convincing at all. But either way I had to write it down, not for him but for my sake that is.

                                                                                                                                                The class got over and the next teacher arrived. It was History class and The history teacher, Miss Umi was already at the door before the bell rang.

The class began and she handed us all a worksheet which we were supposed to complete during the class. We all began writing the worksheet.

While everyone had their gazes fixed to the worksheet, Karter sat straight and stared at Umi ma'am's face from the start of the class. His head was not even in this world. Mostly because he had just woken up from his slumber.

"What Karter? is my face so beautiful that you keep staring at it" questioned Miss Umi as she noticed that from the beginning of the class.

"Umm......um..yes ma'am....ummmm...yes?", stuttered Karter as he stood up when heard his name being called out by the teacher.

We all couldn't hold our laughter by looking at Karter's clueless face.

"Next time you want to doze off during my class ask me and I'll say the school to personally set a bed for you in the class." said Miss Umi in a sarcastic tone.

"Now sit down and start with the worksheet."

"Yes ma'am.......sorry ma'am" replied Karter as he sat down with flustered look on his face.

Once the class got over, the morning break had begun and Nasir couldn't stop himself from teasing Karter.

Patrick and Adam came into our class during the break to chat with us.

"Yallo guys! what are you all laughing at?" asked Adam as he could see Nasir laughing his heads off with my bro Greg.

We said them both what happened during the history class and both of them broke out in laughter.

"You guys, I made friends with a junior, she's one year younger than us."

"I think she likes me!" said Adam with a smug look on his face.

                                                                                                                                                 We didn't react much cause we heard this very same line from his mouth last year as he tried to hook up with Patrick's ex.

"Hey, Adam is at it again now. Do you want to make a record on being rejected 2 years on a row or what" remarked Greg.

"Why don't you quit these thoughts of getting a girlfriend already, you know that just because some girl talked to you doesn't mean that she loves you duh!", said Greg while trying to set his head straight.

"Yeah! All because some girl smiled at you, you will ask her to date you huh, who does that?" voiced Patrick with a smirk.

"What a big fat lie ,huh Patrick." Nasir commented.

"Look at who said it, Patrick of all the people is giving advice on romance. Wow!" said Karter also.

And we all pretty much agreed with him because Patrick here was also with the same mindset as Adam during 8th grade. 

He also, just like Adam, thought that a girl liked him since she said that she wanted to be friends with him.

"heh? Something like that happened and you guys never told me about it" asked Cedric after popping up out of nowhere.

"Nothing like that happened guys, Why would I do something like that!" Protested Patrick and said
"Hey today something funny happened in my class, you know Kevin right. Today he....."

Karter interrupted Patrick in the middle of his talk and voiced himself.

"Don't think you can try to change the subject, hey Cedric listen.This is what happened last year......"

And me, Karter, Nasir and my bro took turns in narrating the flashback of Patrick's love story to Cedric.

To be continued.