Break Time

We were watching an Anime called 'Teasing Master Takagi-san' , my lil bro did sit quietly eventhough he didn't understand a single thing they were saying. As we were watching it, a scene came were the female lead, Takagi made the male lead, Nishikata blush. 

Seeing his flushed up face reminded me and Greg of what had happened to Nasir back in 8th grade, which was two years back.

Well it was during a free period, when our Maths teacher was absent for some reason. Break times like these were considered a very big deal to us high schoolers.

Me and Nasir just remained at our seats. We both decided to complete our pending History worksheet as the upcoming period was History class. Our class's smartest and popular girl who is also a bit tomboyish, Avery Garcia and her friend Amber, who sat in the bench right in front of us wouldn't stop yapping at all. 

" Did you hear the new song uploaded by blah blah blah it was so good! I kept on blah blah blah..." 

They'd keep on going like that the whole time. Well we both somehow managed to complete it through that.

"Hey Robert! What should we do now?"

"Lemme see, we finished everything for the next class right?"

"Yeah! We're done."

"Okay then, lets stop now. Shall we head to Karter and the others? They look like they are having fun."

"Fine with me, lets go!"

Just as I closed my book to go to Karter's bench, Avery here called Nasir. Something definitely looked fishy there.

"Hey Nasir!, I have something I always wanted to tell to you"

"I love you bro!"

Yup she did say that, to be told that by Ms.Popular here anyone would melt, Even Nasir. His face was totally flushed, it was the first time I saw someone blush for real.

"Wha.....whaaaaa....  m..e....mee.. to me?!?" 

Nasir showed various expressions on his face on hearing that. His face looked like his brain had started malfunctioning. On realizing that they had gone too far in their prank, Avery apologized to Nasir.

"Sorry! Nasir. It was a dare."

"Me and Amber were playing a game of truth and dare during the break you know

"Me and Amber were playing a game of truth and dare during the break you know. She was the one who gave me the dare to propose to you, so no offence."

"None taken!" replied Nasir with his flushed face.

"Thank God it was to Nasir and not to me." I thought to myself cause if it had been me, I might have even fainted from embarrassment. Even my bro, Greg who was with Karter's group had noticed what happened here from there. Though he didn't hear anything he did see Nasir's crimson lit face.

"I knew it was a dare duh!"

"Then why's your face blooming?", both of them asked Nasir.

"Nothing! Come on Robert, looks like Karter is calling us. Lets go", Nasir told while avoiding their question.

Later at the end of the day, I told about what had happened to Nasir to Greg and the rest of the gang and all of them cackled with laughter.

This was one of the incidents during the break times. We played various games during our sacred free periods. Let it be baseball using a bottle and an Aluminium foil ball, secretly playing songs on the class's digital board, a math of hand cricket, truth or dare. 

Sometimes a few nerds would try to ruin the fun by going to call a free teacher to come and take a class. For free periods our whole class's break lovers would join forces and would be on guard to prevent any fun-spoiler from stepping out of the class.

Of all the games we played, a certain game called 'Charlie Charlie' had to be banned. This was a game that was introduced to us back in 7th grade by Karter. Also the cause of the ban was also due to Karter. 

During one free period in our 7th grade days, Karter gathered us at one table. He told us to take a seat and guess which game it was.

He started setting up this game he was talking about while we all sat clueless and stared at him. First he tore a page from his notebook and placed it in the middle of the bench. He then folded the page to give four equal halfs and wrote 'Yes' and 'No' diagonally.

In the middle he placed two pencils in cross form, one balancing above the other.

We didn't know a single thing about this game before so we thought that Karter made this game up back then

He explained that in this game we first check if 'Charlie' is present with us first. For that he told us to call out "Charlie Charlie are you here?"

If the pencil turns to 'yes' we could begin asking questions to the so called 'Charlie.' After understanding the rules we begun the game. 

"Charlie Charlie are you here", Karter said as we started with the game.

".................................................?"

Nothing happened, the pencil didn't move an inch. And it was pretty obvious as to why cause all the windows in our class were shut at that time. No wind means no movement of pencil.

Noticing this, Karter tried to think of a reason so that he could open the windows without looking like an idiot. At first he did try the "Look that way!" idea. But we weren't fools to believe that lame joke, except Harry did 'Look that way' cause he's Harry. 

He then put up a smug look and said to us all.

"It is said in the rules that we must open the windows to allow Charlie to enter inside our classroom, only then he can reply to our questions."

That was the stupidest thing I've ever heard but since this reason was a bit better than 'Look that way!' we just let it slide and told him to start the game.

Now when he asked the same question, somehow it turned to 'Yes' and the game had finally begun. 

To be continued in - Charlie Charlie