Infiltration of Company 5/ New allies

'Sister Iris...' Shin thought, watching as the girl left, her heat signatures showing she went to company 5.

'I knew those two had a connection.'

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Obi, Hinawa. Sister Iris has went to company 5. A significant increase in her heat signature shows that she has been attacked by something." Shin informed, already knowing what's to come.

Obi nodded. "Company 8 shall infiltrate Company 5 for the rescue of Sister Iris, as well as the research documents!"

And so...

That leads them to company 5, how troublesome. But Shin knew this had to be done, to save one of his comrades.

"Shinra, Arthur, Shin. You three go inside and find sister Iris. Maki and I shall handle things here." Hinawa informed the three rookies.

"You sure, Lieutenant?" Shin flatly asked, already tying up his long hair for the fight that's about to happen.

As soon as they got the signal to go, Shinra and Arthur immediately left, while Shin stayed behind.

"Lieutenant." Shin poked the man's shoulder, "Is it possible to destroy the whole building?" asked the oblivious boy,he just wanted to get over with this and go back to sleep.

As soon as Hinawa was about to reply, a bubble floated towards the three, immediately alarming Shin.

"Lieutenant, Maki." Shin warned the two as he touched the two's shoulders, simultaneously surrounding them in a constant heat manipulation barrier.

BOOM! The balloon exploded with quite the firepower, it was definitely the rookie who got punched in the gut the other day.

"Maki, Lieutenant. I shall leave this to you." As soon as Shin said that, he had already run off with so much speed both Maki and Hinawa could no longer see him.

-----------------------------------------------------------

'Shinra should be facing that Hibana girl. Arthur seems to have finished with his opponent. Maki and Hinawa as well.' Shin thought as he was casually speeding around the building, following Shinra's heat signature.

'Sister Iris seems to be there as well. I shall head there.'

As soon as Shin reached the room Shinra, Iris and Hibana were in, he sensed that Shinra's heat signature was abnormal.

'Must be that woman's ability.' Shin concluded, casually walking up to the Shinra that was under the Captain's feet.

"Shinra." Shin poked the boy, surprising Hibana as she was unable to use her heat syncope on yhe young man. As soon as Shin made contact with Shinra, he absorbed the heat that was overtaking his friend's body, allowing Shinra to move freely again.

"Shin! What are you doing here!" Shinra panicked, he didn't want Shin to see him in such a pathetic state. Ever since he witnessed a little of the young man's power in the academy, he had striven to get stronger in order to surpass Shin, though it was probably an impossible feat.

"Ah. I entered the door way." Shin bluntly pointed to the entry way, making everyone in the room deadpan.

"Anyway. Hurry up and finish this." Shin said, already starting to walk towards Iris, sitting beside the girl who looked at him with a surprised expression.

"Do not look down on me! Clematis!"

Hibana threw the beautiful string of flower shaped fire at Shin, only for all of it to be deflected back with a wave of his hand.

"Don't fire it here, sister Iris may get hurt." Shin warned with a serious expression, making Hibana shiver in slight fear.

Just then Shinra attempted to attack the captain, to which she simply dodged as she activated her heat syncope, sending Shinra to the other side of the room.

"How can you still call yourself a hero? Let me open your eyes and show you how pathetic you are!" Hibana opens her fan yet again, eyes glowing which indicated she was going to attack again, making Shin alarmed. "Sakura!"

A tree made of flames grew out of the floor, sprouting pretty sakura petals, making Shin stare at it in awe.

'It's pretty.' Shin smiled slightly, 'pretty deadly.'

Shin looked over to Shinra, who was being burned by each petal that fell on his body, confirming Shin's assumption.

'Shinra is burning, but I know he can do it.' Shin nodded to himself, protecting Iris from the petals.

"Shin! Please help Shinra! There's no way he can get out of that alive."Iris panicked, scared of the outcome.

Shin only shook his head.

"Look." Shin pointed towards Shinra, who had escaped the sakura attack from Hibana, punching her in the face thus knocking her out.

Iris immediately stood up and ran to the unconscious Hibana's side, resting her head in her lap. Shinra walks up to Shin, who was still watching the two.

"Shinra, you did good." Shin pet Shinra on the head, earning a blushing junior.

"Yes! Thank you very much, Shin!"
Shinra's eyes sparkled, after all, the senior and friend he admired so much just complemented him.

Shin sighed, but had a small smile on his face.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Everyone, thank you for participating in the joint drill exercise of company 5 and 8." Obi announced.

'Honestly, was this really the best lie they could've come up with?' Shin shook his head, munching on some sausages beside Shinra, who was getting fed by Hibana.

After the whole ordeal, Hibana has vowed to work with company 8 on finding the truth behind human cobustion, which was founded in her research to also have some man made interference. The next place revealed to be investigated was the jurisdiction of Company 1, which Shin had a strange feeling about.

"So... Why are you here." Shin blatantly asked the captain of Company 5, who only grew an irk mark on her forehead.

"Is there a problem with me being here? I intend to be part of this investigation as well, mind you." Hibana fumed.

"So you guys are going to investigate the area using the rookie training reassignment system? Pretty smart of you, Obi." She continued.

"The rookie training reassignment systemis one that allows crew members in their first year od service to be temporarily assigned to other companies to broaden their experience." Obi further explain, which Shin completely blo wecked out.

Obi and Hinawa both explained that Shinra, Arthur and Shin along with rookies from other companies were to use this programme as an opportunity to carry out an undercover investigation if the area, as there is a suspected case of artificial infernals there.

Well then, might as well deal with the trouble immediately.