Training

The three rookies, aka Shinra, Arthur and Shin, are now in Asakusa to receive training.

Why, you ask? Well, this was a decision made by Obi and Konro for Shinmon Benimaru to train them in order for them to gain experience.

And yes, Shin was not happy as he had been awoken way too early for his taste.

"This is Shinra from the 8th! Is anyone there?!" Shinra shouted to no one in particular.

Suddenly, Shinmon was now behind him with a piece of wood.

"If this was combat, you would've already died." Shinmon commented. "You're here to have me train you, right? Don't let your guard down."

"Dimwit-" Before Arthur could continue belittling Shinra, he was hit in the forehead with a bamboo.

"I told you. Don't let your guard down." Shinmon warned.

"You two are the dimwits." Shin shook his head with folded arms, stifling back a yawn.

Shinmon looked back at the three, now with an irk mark on his forehead.

"Come with me." was all he said as he started to walk away.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Now, the three were in an open area, openly facing the strongest fire soldier.

Shinmon had suddenly lifted his arm, making Shinra and Arthur tense up. When he only scratched his head, the two eased up with a sigh of relief. Shin on the other hand was more focused on the cloudy sky, which he found beautiful. He was so engrossed in it, he didn't even hear what Shinmon was saying.

It was only the sound of combat that shook the boy out if his daze.

"Eh? They're fighting." Shin scratched his head while half-heartedly watching the fight.

The duo were constantly getting bested by the captain, unable to land a clean hit as he just kept on defending with his bare hands.

"Shin, what exactly are you doing? Come at me." Shinmon said at the boy who was blankly staring at the three with dotted eyes.

"Ah, my bad." Shin started to get a little serious, suddenly disappearing from everyone's sight.

Shin had aimed a punch at Shinmon's shoulder, which the captain had blocked. This went on for what seemed like forever when Shinmon suddenly stopped the rampaging Shin.

"You're not using your pyrokinesis. I thought I told you to fight like I'm out to take your life." Shinmon frowned, stretching his sore limbs which had taken powerful blows during their fight.

"If I did, I might actually kill you." Shin sent a slight smirk, irking the captain.

"Tch, that's enough." Shinmon said, stopping Shinra and Arthur who were planning to use Shin as their distraction for an attack.

"What? Already?" Arthur asked.

"Your aptitude is okay, but you're not about to land a hit on me." Shinmon clarified, ignoring the glares from a certain long haired boy."Your attacks have no element of surprise. You're lacking something. A finishing move."

"A finishing move?!" Was what Shinra said, before getting brutally kicked in the face by Shinmon."I told you not to let your guard down!"

"Think of something that can utilise your speed." The 7th's Captain said.

"Leave it to you, Captain Shinmon. You're the best at noticing these things." A familiar figure revealed himself.

"Huh?" Shinmon ominously replied.