Company 1

Shin, Shinra , Arthur, Maki and two others from companies 2 and 5 were now in front of the Holy Sol Obelisk.

With all of them in matching attire, in which Shin was dying in, they had successfully entered the vicinity.

As they were walking in the halls of the cathedral, a man with blueish black hair and headphones on was waiting for the five new transfer rookies.

"So you guys are the trainee newbies?" The man stared them down. "Sheesh, I bet even your crap is crap. Are you crappy, you crap?"

'Huh?' Shin just stared at the strange man with dotted eyes, multiple question marks raised in his head.

After insulting Arthur in a comedic manner, the man asked the five rookies to follow him, as his captain, Burns, was expecting them. Shin only lazily followed, regretting his life decisions already.

As we entered a huge door way, Captain Burns stood atop of the flight of grand stairs, smirking of some sorts.

"Welcome to Company 1. We have been awaiting your arrival." The captain grinned.

The rookies were all lead to the center of the grand hall, which had Burns and two other people standing there.

They all put up a salute.

"First Class fir soldier Maki Oze, from the 8th! I have brought the rookies for the training!" Maki started, but was interrupted by Burns.

"Rather than saluting, I'd prefer you tent your hands." The captain said, annoying the hell out of Shin already. Can't they just start this thing already?

With an immediate apology, everyone had tented their hands , including Shin who was trying his best not to fall asleep.

From left to right, Lieutenant Flam, Hoshimiya and Li were introduced as the people who will be taking care of the trainees. Shin immediately took notice of the man named Hoshimiya, sending a slight glare towards said man, only to be returned with a smile and a wave.

And if things couldn't get worse, Shinra had cockily asked for a spar, to which Shin and the rest of the rookies groaned.

"Shinra." Shin just put his hand on Shinra's shoulder, making the boy shiver a bit, but still stood his ground. Shin sighed at this, already aware of his intentions of fighting Burns, thus letting him off the hook.

"We are aware of your abilities from the paperwork we received on you.That will not be necessary." The man name Hoshimiya said with a cold stare.

"That's all right. Rekka, let them practice on you,too." Burns said, which made the red head excited.

The five were now standing face to face on a court. Honestly, this was not what Shin was planning to do. At all.

The duels were starting from the company with the smallest number. With the first match done, Shin observed a rather cool ability which made him rather eager to fight. Lieutenant Li had the ability of turning flames to ice through sound, it was really impressive. The next battle was skipped by both sides, and so it was now Company 8's turn.

"I'll take you three on." Burns said confidently.

Oh great. Shin was going to have to fight too, and since it was this guy, he planned to use this as an opportunity to finally train his abilities.After all, the area was pretty hecking big, and wasn't enclosed, so Shin could increase his fire power to 10% of his full capacity.

Shin was eager to do that, but he didnt want to hurt Shinra or Arthur, neother did he want to kill the captain. So 5% will do.

"Bring it on." As he said that, his eye patch began burning. With that, the battle began.

"You guys won't be getting a turn, I will be defeating this opponent." Arthur cockily announced, running to attack Burns.

However, when he striked Burns with his excalibur, it did not even do a thing to Burn's defending hand, making the rookies and Maki surprised and the lieutenants grinning proudly.

Shin on the other hand was watching silently, observing Burn's skin.

'It seems like a certain level of fire power is needed to be able to hurt this man.' Shin nodded, deciding to use his close combat ability, Hands of the fire god, with an 7% input of firepower.

It was a rare opportunity for him to even be able to use 'Hands of the fire god' as very few can survive from it, however, he has found a worthy opponent to do so on.

Burns easily extinguished Arthur's excalibur, something someone as strong as Maki couldn't do, leaving Arthur utterly speechless.

"What are you waiting for?!" Shinra came flying towards Burns with quite the amount of fire power, causing a massive shockwave.

"This crewman has quite the firepower!" Hoshimiya gaped, with sweat on his forehead. The other fellow lieutenants nodded in surprise.

However, it didnt do anything to Burns, as no matter how many kicks that were sent his way, he just kept on blocking them with his bare hands.

'His heat signature is constantly increasing, it must be how he is blocking these so easily, using his own heat to overpower Shinra's and Arthur's.

"Shinra. Move!" Shin warned, point a finger gun at Burns.

As soon as Shinra moved out of the way, Shin used 8% of fire power for his finger gun. If Burns was able to withstand this,

"bang."

A large ball of fire, possibly the size of a 4-story building, came flying towards Burns, making him widen his eyes out of pure shock. This amount of fire and heat was almost impossible for his first stage of his ignition ability to withstand, but he did so anyways. Using both his arms to block his face, he took the fireball head-on, making Shin's eyes slightly widen in shock. Was his theory correct?

With much anticipation, everyone present waited to see Burn's condition, only to see him come out with close to no clothes and multiple burns.

"Captain Burns!" The three lieutenants immediately ran to their Captain's side, making sure he was okay.

"What an interesting ability." Burns rubbed his chin in thought, intently staring at the young man who had pushed him to such injuries.

"You are the hybrid pyrokinetic, Shinsuke Hitoka, right?" Shin only nodded.

"Well then," Burns looked at Shinra. "Why is it that you became a fire soldier?"

"To find out the truth behind the fire that killed my mother and brother 12 years ago!" Shinra confidently replied.

"Is that so? Then, you are not ready." Burns mercilessly stated, starting to walk away. "The 1st welcomes you, I hope you find this trainee enrollment fulfilling."

"I am in charge of taking care of Company 8." Lieutenant Flam stated, not before carefully looking at Shin's bored face. ' This guy... He was able to hurt Captain Burns so easily.'