002

"Stop pretending to study

"Stop pretending to study." - N

"Shut up." - Y

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"There's a room in my heart with
the memories we made, took 'em
down but they're still in frames."
- never not (lauv)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YESEUL

Half an hour passed, and now Yeseul was sitting at one of the tables with her head down as the grandfather clock continued to fill her ears with the same noise at equal increments.

She wanted to fall asleep. She wanted to get past all of this and wake up with the guard tapping her shoulder for staying at school grounds past school hours. Yet every ounce of tiredness had dissipated during her ten-hour sleep, and now she was fully awake, so very much alert that the quiet sound of a chair moving from across her couldn't escape her hearing.

Immediately raising her head, Yeseul sees Niki sitting there as he busily types something on his phone. "You're as hard-headed as you were four years ago." She said, finally fixing her posture as she leaned on her chair with both her arms crossed.

"And you're as petty as you were four years ago." A taunting smile plastered on his face.

"I have every right to be petty, especially with you." She glares. "What are you even doing here? You never study."

"I was asleep, obviously." He sarcastically answers before leaning on the table to clasp his hands as both elbows rest on it. "Now, to ask you the same question, what are you doing here when you fall asleep immediately after reading one page of your textbooks?"

"I fell asleep too." She mumbled with a guilty look as she looked away. "Have you texted any of your friends? Surely one of them could help."

"You still remember them?" He asked.

"Of course. They were my friends also." She scoffs.

He chuckled softly. "I texted them, but no one replied. Must be busy."

"Then we're both screwed." She said, closing her eyes as she placed her elbow on the table to allow her hand to carry the weight of her head.

He was quiet after that, but Yeseul found that more familiar rather than his talkative side, as the man had never been one to speak the most between them. They had sat there in silence for minutes, hearts aching upon realizing that just four years ago, this was the most unusual thing the couple could do. It was hard to imagine that the person in front of her had been the one she would die for, the person she had been the most comfortable with. She wondered why thinking of them still made her heart ache despite the awareness that she no longer loved him in the same way she did years ago. From the looks of it, that was also the case for him.

with you ‣ n.rkOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara