020

"Guess who just graduated!"━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Through drought and famine,
natural disasters. My baby has been
around for me. Kingdoms have fallen,
angels be calling. None of that could
ever make me leave."
get you (daniel caesar)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

FLASHBACK

"Say, do you think we'll still be together when we graduate for college?" Yeseul abruptly asks, placing the weight of her head on her hand that rested on the coffee table of her house.

Niki glanced at her, a confused look on his face as he wondered what brought upon the abrupt question. "Depends, I supposed. After getting together with you, I stopped believing that I could ever expect what will happen in the future."

It was her turn this time to be confused by what he meant. "And what is that supposed to mean?"

He merely laughed at the fact she got the wrong impression of his harmless sentence. "What I mean is, I never thought I would ever win you over. I thought I was going to bring to my grave the fact that I was hopelessly in love with you, but here I am, sitting at the floor of your living room all while you question if we have what it takes to last through college."

She scoffs. "You make it sound like I'm such an attainable dream to you before."

"Because you were."

"Well if you're curious, in my opinion, I guess it depends as well on how much we're going to tolerate one another. But I think I can guarantee one thing." Yeseul grins toward her boyfriend as she scoots closer to him.

"Oh? What is it?" Niki asked.

"That I'll love you nonetheless." She kisses him on the cheek.

"Then I can also guarantee that I will be there to say I love you as well."

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YESEUL

Yeseul looked at herself with the mirror that was nailed on her wall, her white chiffon dress falling to her lower knees. The dress was one of her newer ones, courtesy of her parents, who refused to let her graduate in one of her old dresses.

This was one of the few days Yeseul was truly proud of how far she has come. While she stare of a version of herself that was a few hours away from embarking the real world, she couldn't help but reminisce. She realized the contrast of her high school days to her university days, one filled with a carefree joy of everything and one spent studying while mooning over her heartbreak for the most part of it. Even so, no matter how silly or how dramatic one sounded, both brought her a sense of fulfillment.