018

"you're sulking again

"you're sulking again."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"baby, you were the love of my life.
maybe you don't know what's lost
'til you find it. it's not what i wanted
to leave you behind."
- love of my life ( harry styles )

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YESEUL

"Mom, did you forget everything I ranted to you about our breakup?" Yeseul pouts in front of her mother after she entered the house and settled the bouquet of roses from Niki at the nearby table.

With the presence of her ex boyfriend nowhere in sight of her own home, she had now taken the liberty of asking her parents about the odd demeanor they showed towards the man, whom she once recalled was a person they wanted to get away from her after the events that unfolded which led to their unfortunate break up. She recalled feeling the protectiveness in them once she explained to them everything that happened, now that several years has passed, she learns all of a sudden that everything has suddenly reverted to the way it was, and to make things all the more confusing, she finds out her mother is still in contact with his mother.

Her mother only looked at her in confusion as she wondered what brought upon this question from her daughter. "No, why?"

"Then why were you treating him like a long lost son? I thought we had an agreement in this household that we now hate him." Yeseul continues to act more like a child as she huffs and crosses her arms.

Her father, who merely sat at the side and watched them speak, laughed at how his only daughter was acting. "Darling, I think it's about time we tell our little girl here how we stopped hating her ex boyfriend three years ago."

The mention of their anger dissipating three years ago piqued her interest. "What do you mean?" Yeseul asks.

Her mother smiles, taking a seat next to her father and she thought it'd be appropriate if she do the same. She takes the seat opposite to them, now both were facing her as they prepared to tell her something about her ex boyfriend that she did not even know.

"Remember your last semester in university? The one where you were at the hospital every other month because you kept passing out due to exhaustion?" Her mother still fumed in anger and Yeseul remained embarrassed by those events until this very day. "And do you remember how it took you three emergency rooms before we actually found out about it?"

Yeseul guiltily looks away, remembering listing down her old roommate as her emergency contact that time in hopes of keeping it from her parents that she has passed out due to exhaustion twice now. If her parents learn about this, she feared the next time she returns to the emergency room, it would not be because of her exhaustion anymore.