006

"Solace

"Solace."
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Think about all that we had
and all we still have, maybe
without this distance between
us and if love didn't defeat us."
— and if love didn't defeat us (strawbey)

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

YESEUL

Her heart was thumping, both in rage and sadness.

Yeseul wanted to go back and grab her bag, work on her tasks instead of walking around in the dark with fingers brushing on the dusty spines of the books. She didn't even know what the genre was, and she couldn't care less because she wasn't much of a reader. Watching and filming has always been the two things she enjoyed and was actually good at, and mainly the only reason why she even got in this university with her awful grades.

She was the proof that in some rare cases, capability spoke more than academics.

The anger didn't disappear. In the five minutes she's spent roaming around, not once did it change in size. Whenever she thought of her ex, her eyes very quickly turns red and it annoyed the hell out of her. Most of the reason why she felt the way she does was because she felt herself caring too much for something that should be trivial to her by now. So what if Niki doesn't love her anymore or he never really loved her enough to fight for her? It has been four years, stuff like this were a moment of the past.

And yet there she was, teeth gritting and fist clenching, because of him. She absolutely loathed him.

He never denied loving her too little, who gives him the right to be bothered by who she's friends with?

"Stupid Niki. Stupid me. Stupid library." She curses anything and everything, pausing from her walk that bear no destination. "Stupid me for even caring so much."

Yeseul continued to walk for another ten minutes, simply roaming around until there was no more left turns for her to make. Within those minutes she spent, she halfheartedly expected for Niki to randomly show up and bicker with her once more. Bickering had been the better choice between talking because at least with that, confrontations about the past wouldn't seem like such a probable topic. Finally deciding to return to where she initially was, she spun her heel around and made her way back, but she gladly took her time, dreading, of course, having to stand in the same vicinity as her ex once more.

Her gaze finally managed to catch sight of Niki, who had his head down on the same table they had argued at earlier. He seemed asleep hence the sudden change in her manner of moving, making sure she made minimal sound as to avoid waking him up or at the very least catching his attention. Gently, she reached for her black bag but the sound of her hand hitting the table not only prompted her to hiss in pain but to make a thud sound which, to no surprise, stole his attention.