Just another day

"Girls, ready?

Okay......1..2..3...."

(Kylie)

I threw a wish in the well

Don't ask me I'll never tell

I looked to you as it fell

And now you're in my way

(Melissa )

I trade my soul for a wish

Pennies and dimes for a kiss

I wasn't looking for this

But now you're in my way

( Katherine )

Your stare was holding

Ripped jeans skin was showing

Hot night wind was blowing

Where do you think you're going baby

( Bessy )

Hey I just met you

And this is crazy

But here's my number

So call me maybe

( All )

Hey I just met you

And this is crazy

But here's my number

So call me maybe

Bessy strummed her guitar one more time and then Katherine switched off the recorder. Melissa then took it from her and went on to doing her job : uploading the audio track. The girls had been doing this for almost over a year now. They wrote and composed their own songs and uploaded them. They never uploaded videos nor did they write their names. No one in the whole wide world knew that these girls were the owners of those wonderful voices which had taken the world by storm. The media had nicknamed them as the ' Mystery Girls '.

Katherine, the oldest one, was the real lyricist but her sisters too contributed now and then. She also played the keyboard and also sang. Bessy was the guitarist and also the one with the sweetest voice. Kylie and Melissa were the lead vocals. The girls had had a tough childhood and always wished for a simple but happy life. They were quite mature enough now to be content with what they had. Their parents had died in a car accident 12 years ago. Having no close relatives, the girls were put in an orphanage and made to continue their schooling in the local school. This was how they lived until Katherine turned 18 and bought her own house with the help of the orphanage head, and took her sisters with her. She took up a job in a daycare centre to support the family. Kylie and Bessy worked as library assistants and Melissa babysitted their neighbor's children.

The girls were aware of their musical talents ever since they had begun participating in school musical shows. During their free time they either made covers or composed their own songs. They had no desire for fame and thus did not sign up for any competition nor did they produce their own music label. So they began uploading their songs without anyone knowing that it was them.

Other than this secret, the girls lead a pretty normal life. They weren't among the A-list people in their school, but they had many friends and had also been through a few relationships. Katherine had one ex-boyfriend, Andrew Jackson, Kylie also had one, Luke Harrisson, and Melissa was still in a relationship with Aaron Tanner. Bessy had never been in a relationship.

Katherine said" Okay girls, that's it for today. We'll leave Melissa to do her job. I 'm going to get a few groceries and when I come back, Kylie and Bessy, I want the laundry done." With that Katherine took her purse and grocery bag and headed out.The remaining three looked at her with affection and admiration in their eyes. "She's been like a mother to us ever since mom and dad died." said Melissa. "I know, she worked real hard and saved a lot of money so as to get this house." said Kylie. "Anyway, we gotta get started on that laundry now. And Melissa, once you're done why don't you join me and Kylie in making lunch. Let's surprise Kathy!" said Bessy. Melissa agreed and poked her nose into her laptop once more. Kylie and Bessy began the laundry.