Chapter 12

Mel opened her eyes to the sunshine streaming in from the windows. She had had a really good sleep. She turned to Kylie who was still sleeping next to her. She decided not to wake her up, and climbed out of bed and headed into the washroom. After freshening up, she put on a track pant and tee and pulled her hair into a bun. Usually Kathy would be the first to wake up since she had to go to the daycare center, where she worked. Mel peeked into Kathy and Bessy's room and was surprised to see that both of them were still asleep. She debated between waking Kathy up or not, because she might get late. In the end she decided to wake her up. She walked over to the bed and shook Kathy slightly. "Hey Kats, wake up. Wake up or you're gonna be late." Kathy just shifted a bit and muttered something about not getting enough sleep. Mel just giggled and searched for Kathy's phone. She found it and set the alarm for 10 mins later, and then headed downstairs.

She fixed herself a breakfast after bringing in the newspaper from outside. She read the paper in silence while munching down her cereal. In the entertainment section she found an article about One Direction. It was about the concert they were going to perform at the Roundhouse the next week. The tickets cost was also given. Mel knew it was pointless to even think about buying tickets at that cost. Sure, they were now friends with 1D, but still it would be nice to experience attending one of their concerts.

Kathy entered the kitchen just then. "Hey Mel. Did you set my alarm?" she asked. "Yeah. Didn't want you to be late." Mel replied smiling. Kathy smiled back. After finishing their breakfast, Kathy left for the daycare center, and Mel headed back upstairs to wake up the twins.

(On Kathy's side)

As Kathy drove to the daycare center, her head was filled with many thoughts, and all of them about this newly discovered relation with Louis and his family. Did she and the girls really want to call them as family? What would Louis' mother say? And moreover, did they really want the fame associated with being known as Louis' sisters? Kathy didn't know the answers as yet, but she was sure of one thing. Last night when Louis had said that he would take care of them all, Kathy had felt a burst of gratitude and love. What Bessy had said was true. It had been a long time since anyone had cared for them. It felt good to know that someone cared.

She parked the car and headed inside. She loved the daycare center. It was a warm and joyous place filled with little kids. She loved spending time with them all, reading stories to them, teaching them little stuff and of course playing with them. "Kathy, Kathy, Hiii!!!" said a sweet voice from behind her. She turned to find one of the kids, Madeline, running up towards her. Kathy bent down and scooped her up in her arms. Madeline gave her a big hug and a kiss. "Hey Maddy!! How are you, beautiful?" Kathy asked. "I am fine. How are you?" asked Maddy. "I'm wonderful. Where are the others? We can get started with story-time if they all are already assembled in the story-room." said Kathy. "Almost everyone is here. We can start." said Madeline. Suddenly Kathy's mobile rang. "Just a minute." she said and put Madeline down. She took out her mobile and saw that it was a call from Niall. A smile spread across her face and she pressed the accept button. "Hello?" said Kathy.

"Hey! Its Niall. You remember me?"

"Yes of course I remember you. How can I forget the person who finished half of my choco-oat slices?" said Kathy giggling.

"Hey don't blame me! They were really tasty!" retorted Niall.

"Okay, Okay, Thank you." replied Kathy.

"So, what are you up to, today?"