Mingle?

"What time is the limo getting here?"
"Erin," Abby stated, adjusting her long navy dress, "I really don't know why you're getting so worked up about all this. Plus I've told you twenty times, six thirty, the limo will be here at six thirty."
Erin brought her hands to her face, inhaling hard, she was standing in front of the mirror in the communal firehouse bathroom, judging the way she looked in the long black dress she had bought. It was strapless and showed off her delicate shoulders and neck and it tightened at her waist and then flowed down to the floor.
"You look amazing," Patty said, her dress was long and red, the colour beautiful against her dark skin tone and she sat drinking a wine that Abby had poured each of them.
"Do I look okay?" Erin asked her two friends for about the tenth time. Abby nodded, "Beautiful."
"Where is Holtzmann?" Erin asked desperately, leaning in close to the mirror, checking on her makeup and hair. "Oh that little pocket rocket is gonna meet us there," said Patty in response. Erin turned to Patty, panic in her voice, "What? Why?" Patty shrugged, "I dunno, she just said she'd meet us there." Erin was counting on having the blonde look out for her and she was relying on her, really wanting to arrive with her but Erin just shook her head, pulling out her phone. She sent a quick message to Holtzmann, See you soon Jill?
She received a message back almost instantly, Promise. It made Erin feel a little better and Abby called out as she spotted the limo arriving outside and the three girls grabbed their things and headed out the door.

As they pulled up to the lavish event, Erin felt the dread build in her stomach, and although she was a beautiful single woman she disliked the attention she sometimes received, being brains and beauty she attracted everything she wasn't attracted too and it frustrated her. She sometimes didn't mind the attention but it just wasn't the right attention and Erin was desperate to find someone to share her passions with and not someone to share her around like a trophy. Erin had pretty much given up on her search for love, she was too busy enjoying her life and hadn't been on a date in over a year.

As the three vacated the limo and wandered slowly through the large glass doors, both of which were being held open by waiters the girls walked in to a bright, large ballroom. Erin's eyes darted, looking around for their fourth. The three woman were approached by a waiter, both girls except Erin taking a drink from the full tray of glasses and Patty looked to the two women, "Mingle?" Abby nodded eagerly, raising her eyebrows up and down, "Mingle." Erin shook her head, about to protest but the women had already saunted off and Erin stood lost for a moment.

She turned around to look for Holtzmann and then to her relief her eyes locked with familiar blue one's, and Erin smiled. The redhead's smile grew wider and her eyes creased as she took in all of Holtzmann, the blonde standing there in front of her, Erin gasped a little, and Holtz looked away briefly, inhaling and then biting her lip. She turned back to Erin, lip still in her teeth and she shook her head softly, "You look beautiful Er," Holtzmann whispered, stepping closer. Erin smiled harder at Holtzmann, "Jill," Erin said, breathlessly, "You, I" Erin looked the blonde up and down, her tight fitting black pantsuit with her low cut white shirt stung Erin in the pit of her stomach. Her eyes trailed the open shirt, the bones of holtzmann's chest and her pale skin were striking and her usually high messy curls were now softly draped by her shoulders, her eyes smokey and her lips red. Erin tried to speak again, "You are beautiful Jill, you've taken my breath away." Erin blushed, and she couldn't take her eyes off the woman. She eventually pulled her gaze away, looking down at her own dress, "thank you by the way," Erin said, completely forgetting to acknowledge Holtzmann's compliment. Holztmann looked at Erin, not saying anything, just a blush running across her cheeks and she smile again. "I kinda wanted to surprise you," Holtz said, smoothing her jacket. Erin nodded, "Well you did." Holtzmann felt almost tongue tied for a moment and her eyes met Erin's again. "I'm here okay, so feel free to do your thang and I'll rescue you if you need it, mmmkay?" Erin nodded, looking around quickly to see if she could see the other two and then she looked back to Holtzmann. "I um, don't want to hold you back though Jill," Erin looked around again, and then back to the blonde, "I mean there a lot of beautiful women here Holtz, so you know if-" the blonde shook her head, "You're the only woman I'm here for tonight okay Er-bear." Erin smiled and laughed a little, Holtzmann reaching out to touch her colleagues arm, Erin's arm scattering with goosebumps as she did, and she chuckled nervously, "Let's get a drink."

The two women wandered up to the bar, Holtzmann leaned into the bench, her two hands on it as she called out to a bartender, Erin standing near her. As Holtzmann made their order, the bartender recognised the blonde, making small talk about the Ghostbusters and Holtzmann politely answered her questions. Erin meanwhile watched as the drinks were poured and she listened to the chatter, turning as she felt a hand on her own. 'Erin, yes?' a handsome looking man said, adjusting his tie slightly. Erin turned to him, panicking a little, and looking over at Holtzmann but she was mid conversation and Erin turned back to the man, 'Um, yes, Erin, Erin Gilbert.' Erin nodded as the man took her hand, shaking it softly. 'And you?' Erin asked softly, really wanting Holtzmann to swoop in somehow. 'Christopher, Christopher Aikin, ' the man replied, and Erin could hear Holtzmann had stopped talking and she was aware she was close behind, but still giving her space. Holtzmann walked away from the bar and behind the man, turning to Erin, both drinks in her hand, and she mouthed 'Are you okay?' Erin gave a soft nod, deciding that actually yes she was, and she looked away from Holtzmann and to the well dressed male in front of her. 'May I get you a drink Erin?' the man asked, turning to the bar, Holtzmann smiled at Erin, nodding and moving away to a close table, placing both the drinks there, wanting to still be close enough to Erin should she need her.