Do You Want A Drink?

"Can we just spend the rest of the party here?" Erin asked, stroking Holtzmann's cheek, the blonde nodded and gently nuzzled into Erin's neck. 'Mmmhmm," came Holtzmann's muffled reply, and Erin chuckled, as the blonde pulled away. Holztmann stared at Erin, relieved but shocked at the situation she now found herself in, the woman of her dreams was interested in her and she'd just spent the last half an hour kissing her. Erin's thoughts had been pretty much the same, she knew she wanted Holtz but at the same time was afraid of what the reaction would be, but knew it was time to be honest and say something, thankful she did.

The two woman walked back to their chairs, the night now dark and cool and they sat next to each other, Erin tightening the blonde's jacket around her and Erin reached her hand out, Holtzmann taking it in hers and laying it in her lap.
"Can I take you out on a date?" Holtzmann whispered, looking out to the city. Erin smiled, looking at the younger woman, and she nodded her head eagerly, "Yes please!" They both laughed, Holtzmann tightening her grip on Erin's hand and stroking it softly. "How about I pick you up at 7 tomorrow?" Holztmann asked. Erin blushed and looked down to her lap, then back up and at Holztmann, "I'd love that."
"There you two are!"
Holztmann and Erin both whipped their heads around to the voice, Erin pulling her hand away from Holtzmann as they noticed Patty and Abby behind them, both women noticing Erin's hand. Holtz stood up with a jump and Erin followed, Abby looking annoyed. "What are you guys doing? We've been expected here as gusts and you two have gone and disappeared for the last hour." Erin could sense the annoyance in Abby's voice but decided against explaining to her that Holztmann and her had realised they had feelings for each other and just acted upon them. Abby shook her head, "Guys this night is really important," Abby looked at her best friend, then Holtzmann, "It's the best way to secure more investors.' Holztmann nodded, "You're right boss." Erin pulled Holtzmann's jacket off, returning it to her colleague and they all began to move back to the door way, Abby clicking her tongue, and heading to open the door, "Ladies I'm glad you finally got together but we need to be back as Ghostbusters and be present." Erin stopped, Patty standing opposite Abby at the door, unable to hide her laughter. Abby grinned at Patty, then looked at the frozen Erin and Holtzmann, both woman looking at each other and then their colleagues. Patty laughed again, Abby trying to keep a straight face as she held the door open. "Abby, what?" began Erin as Abby shook her head, interrupting, "You two have been so obvious since the beginning. I'm just glad finally you've had the courage to do something about it." "You knew?" Holtzmann asked. Patty nodded, "From the beginning baby, you two eyeball each other constantly. Always making excuses to be near one another." Erin blushed, looking at Holtzmann, the blonde holding her hand out to Erin, who took it in her own, bringing Holtzmann's hand to her mouth and planting a kiss. Abby and Patty smiled at each other, as the two other women followed them close behind.

The four girls mingled with prospective investors, Holtzmann never far from Erin's side, sometimes her hand gingerly slipping to the the small of her back, with Erin turning to her with a smile, letting her know it was okay. They all drank plenty more wine, enjoyed the canapés and were all ready to leave as the night began to wind up. "The limo's waiting," Patty whispered to the group as they were speaking with the Mayor, he'd been busy all night and they finally had a chance to speak with and thank him. As they said their goodbyes they all walked to the awaiting car, Erin holding Holtzmann's hand as they slid into the vehicle. Holtzmann pulled Erin into her for a kiss, the redhead a little embarrassed in front of her friends but they didn't seem to care, just continued talking as she pulled away from Holztmann, staring into her blue eyes.
"I'm really looking forward to the night shift," Holztmann whispered softly, staring back at Erin. The taller of the two nodded with a smile, leaning in to plant a deep kiss on the blonde's lips.

Everyone was quiet during the drive back to the firehouse, with Erin and Holtzmann hand in hand the entire drive, sneaking loving looks towards each other. Patty and Abby looked at each other, eyes rolling and chuckling to each other. As their stretch limo pulled up at the building the four women all exited the vehicle, the cool air welcoming after their big night and Abby walked over to the door, unlocking it. The four girls walked inside, Erin and Holtzmann still hand in hand and Patty and Abby heading straight to the couches, falling into them, all care now gone for their glamorous outfits. 'A successful night,' said Patty murmured, stretching her legs out, Abby agreeing from the couch opposite. Erin and Holtzmann wandered over, Holtzmann sitting on the arm of the couch Abby was splayed out on, and the blonde pulled Erin toward her, the woman standing between Holtz's legs, her back against the blond's chest and Holtzmann wrapped her arms around her, Erin leaning her head into Holtz's. Abby smiled at the two women, 'I'm so happy for you two,' she breathed, 'my two best friends are finally together.' Patty chuckled, 'It's about time you two,' she said with a smile, 'I honestly don't know how much longer Abs and I would have been able to put up with yall's flirting.' Erin laughed, looking at Patty and then to Holtzmann, 'But I haven't been flirting?' Holtzmann chuckled, and she planted kisses along Erin's bare neck, 'You flirt with me without even realising.' Erin blushed, just happy it worked and she was in Holtzmann's arms.

'We're on night shift,' Erin said slowly, looking at Abby, 'You guys go home.' Patty roared with laughter, shaking her head and looking at the two women, Abby snorting too. 'The night shift eh?' Patty repeated, heaving herself up from the couch, and then going over to Abby to help her up from the other couch. 'Well Abby and I will leave you two to the night shift, and I hope for your sakes there isn't a bust tonight. Abby,' Patty turned to the scientist, 'and I will be in late tomorrow so you can finish, your..er...night..shifting.' Abby laughed, as Erin and Holtzmann turned bright red and Erin stood up from her lean into the blonde, Holtzmann taking her hand and shaking her head with a smile.

After saying goodbye to the two Holtzmann led Erin into the kitchen, 'You want a drink or anything Er-Bear?' The redhead nodded, and Holtzmann pulled out a bottle of wine from their alcohol stash, 'This okay?' Erin nodded as the blonde poured them each a glass, Holtzmann tipping her glass to Erin's, it made a little ting, and Holtzmann whispered, 'To us.' Erin smiled, starting at the woman in front of her, the one she was now not afraid to touch or express feelings for and she entwined her fingers with the blonde's taking a sip from her glass and letting their eyes meet.