Sugar, Sugar

'Oh my gosh' Holtzmann said, banging down the tools that filled both her hands. 'KEVIN!' she yelled, her voice echoing throughout the Firehouse, the phone downstairs ringing for the umpteenth time.
'Yes, Boss?' responded the Australian from downstairs.
'Answer. The Damn. Phone,' called back Holtzy from her workbench. The office, that she shared with Erin, was strewn with her inventions and tools, blueprints and general clutter, and the blonde was nearing finishing her latest creation. A door in the corner of the room opened and Erin walked out, wrapped in a towel, her wet hair plastered to her head. The faint sound of Kevin conversing echoed from downstairs. Holtzmann sighed, swivelling in her chair to look over to Erin, 'He is driving me insane, he's sweet, but, ugh!'
'Oh Holtz,' Erin said with a laugh, closing the bathroom door behind her, 'At least he always answers the second call. He just needs to remember the sugar in Abby's coffee now.'
Holtzmann shook her head, picking up the tools she'd slammed down, 'Oh sugar, sugar,' she said with a sigh, pulling wires out of a mountain of metal that was in front of her, 'he's as sweet as the stuff but as empty as its calories.' Erin laughed, walking to the corner of the room, opening a small wardrobe where she kept some spare clothes. Holtzmann looked up from her work, watching the slim redhead change, Erin grinning at her as she purposely tried to cover her body as she slipped into clean clothes. Holtz snorted at Erin's attempt, knowing Erin could have changed in the bathroom, but instead chose not to. The blonde took a last look and her colleage and returned to her work, head down, pulling out bits of wiring she didn't need.
'What are we up to tonight,' Erin asked slipping a sweater on over her singlet. She picked up her towel and used it to dry her box dyed red hair.  Holtzmann shrugged, not looking up, 'Depending if we get a call or not, Abby wants to do drinks.' Erin focused on her damp mane, her expression distant, 'Drinks out?' Holtzmann shook her head, noting the now panic on her colleages face, 'No Er, here.' Erin nodded in relief, not one to want to go out and socialise by choice, and she much preferred staying in, being a homebody. The phone downstairs again began to ring.
'That might be the Call,' Erin said with a smile, turning to Holtzmann.
'And you just showered!'
Erin laughed and hung her towel up, slipping on her socks and sneakers and walking over to Holtzmann. The blonde looked up at her, the soft tendrils of her mountain of blonde curls draping across her forehead. The phone downstairs was still ringing.
'What are you working on Jill?' Erin asked, taking a seat opposite, smiling at her colleague.
'Jesus Christ,' Holtzmann said in frustration, looking away from Erin, 'KEVIN!' she called again,'PHONE!'
There was a commotion downstairs, and a soft thud, then a hectic,'Hello, Ghostbusters?'
Holtz nodded, and then turned back to Erin, a cheeky grin on her face, she put down her tools and clapped her hands together,'I'm making Bracelets of Victory!'
'Bracelets of Victory...?'
'Well these ones are forged by,' Holtz paused and pointed to herself,' yours truely and not Zeus, but they will still be able to deflect evil.' Holtzmann scratched her blonde head,'Well maybe not evil as such, but Ghosts, most of which are evil. Well so far the ones we've encountered...'
Erin nodded, always proud of what Holtzmann was engineering for the team, 'Sounds interesting.'
Holtzmann nodded, her head looking back down to her work. Erin leaned onto the table, resting her chin in her hands, watching Holtzmann, mesmerised by her speed and concentration.

The two women got on well, often working the night shift together and Erin always sought Holtzmann's approval before showing the other two any of her work. Holtzmann was always the first to show Erin any blueprints of her new inventions and they would spend hours going over plans and equations bringing Holtzmann's designs to life. Holtzmann always had a way of finding some reason to touch Erin, whether it was to grab her hand to bring her over to her desk to show her something, or to touch the small of her back as they were leaving the office to head to a bust and Erin always welcomed it, and always allowed her own hands to linger on Holtzmann's.

Both women looked up as they heard huge laughter coming from downstairs, Patty & Abby had returned from a meeting with the Mayor.
'Ohhhhhhhh,' Holtzmann said with glee, pulling off the gloves she had on and jumping up from her seat. Erin creased her brow in amusement and swivelled on her stool to stand. Holtzmann was already heading to the doorway, Erin trailing behind.
'You got my doughnuts? Patty..?!,' Holtzmann yelled out,' My doughnuts?'
Erin laughed following the blonde, and besides original flavour Pringles, Holtz had a soft spot for sugary doughnuts. Holtzmann paused halfway down the stairs to turn to Erin,'You're my love, Er-Bear, but doughnuts are my first!' Erin blushed and laughed as she sauntered down the steps, Holtz already at the bottom, Patty handing her a brown paper bag. Erin was still not used to Holtzmann's flirting but it seemed so natural and normal now that she just accepted it and treated it as loving compliments. The redhead walked slowly over to the other three ladies, Kevin was sitting at his desk, going through a bag of hats, trying each one on, occupied.
'Doughnut?' Holtzmann asked Erin, her mouth covered in powdered sugar, Erin graciously took one, biting delicately into it, chuckling as the powder touched the edges of her cheeks. She wiped it away quickly, watching Holtzmann devour the rest of her own. Abby and Patty had retreated to the couch, beckoning to the other girls to join them.

'Wellll,' said Abby, rubbing her hands together,' we got approved for more funnndddiinnngggg!'
Patty grinned at Abby and then over to the other two, smiling wildly, hands up in the air for high fives.
'Yuussssssssss!' Holtzy said, her mouth full, slapping Patty's hand.
'Great news!' Erin responded, giving Patty her high five and falling onto one of the couches next to Holtzmann. Patty and Abby sat opposite, Abby swinging her legs onto the side of the couch, and almost laying at an angle.
'So relieved,' Abby said exhaling, 'Okay,' Abby began, 'Firstly, we need to invest-'
'A second Ecto, we're getting Holtzy her own Ecto!' Holtzmann interrupted in excitement.
Patty shook her head,' You can barely drive the one we've got. I say a prayer before every bust.'
Erin burst out laughing, Holtzmann turning to her in reaction.
'You aren't the greatest driver Jill,' Erin said with a small laugh, 'I do fear for my life sometimes.'
Holtzmann chuckled, 'Well I would save your life Erin.' Erin smirked at the blonde, Holtzmann's eyes meeting her's and neither broke the gaze, Erin realising how beautiful and blue Holtzmann's were, and she felt lost in them for a moment. The firehouse phone ringing, breaking both their thoughts.