Preparations

It didn't fully hit you that you would be going on a date with Shinobu until the next day after she accepted. 

"I'm going to go on a date with Shinobu." You told your self that was staring at you in the mirror. "You can do this. You can't screw this up. You've been in love with her since forever."

With a sigh, you splashed some cold water on your face to help you cool down. You really hoped Mitsuri would offer to help you out with the date. She was the Love Hashira, a first date should be nothing to her. 

X

You were relieved to see that Mitsuri had actually come to help you prepare for the night. Thankfully, Shinobu had gone out with Kanao to the market and wouldn't return until much later. 

"Ahhh! I'm so excited! I can't believe this is happening! I'm so happy for you!"

She hugged you tightly, happy to see you again as well. 

"...Too tight."

You muttered to her, nearly out of breath. She quickly lets you go with a laugh. 

"Sorry. I got a little excited. Anyways, lets get started! You're having a date with Shinobu."

Knowing the layout of the estate, Mitsuri headed to the kitchen. You slowly trailed after her, still in disbelief about tonight. It was crazy that Shinobu had accepted going on a date with you. 

X

You stood in the middle of the room, uncomfortable with the clothes that Mitsuri had made you try on. It wasn't something you would wear but she insisted that it would impress Shinobu. 

"I think you look perfect! Shinobu is going to love it."

"I don't know, Mitsuri." You headed towards the mirror so you could look at yourself. You thought maybe seeing your outfit would change your mind but it didn't. The clothes Mitsuri had picked out for you, looked good on your but you were uncomfortable. "They look nice but I don't think I would ever wear this."

Mitsuri pouts, a little saddened that you didn't like what she had picked. 

"That's okay! I can find you something else."

She heads back to your dresser and pulls out the remainder of your clothes. You just helplessly watch as all your clothes are thrown on your bed, leaving your room a mess. 

"Maybe I should just wear what I usually..."

"Nonsense! This is your first date with Shinobu. You need to make an impression! Here! Try this on!"

She thrust another outfit in your hands and turns around so you could change. Once you've changed, you're relieved to see that it was less revealing. It was something you would definitely wear. 

"I love this. I think this is it."

"Yay! Now let me do your hair."

You're pushed on a chair and Mitsuri begins to fix your hair. 

X

"We're done with...." Aoi trails off when she sees you for the first time since Mitsuri arrived. "You're really going all out. Good. I've contacted the shop owner and they're preparing for tonight. Is there anything else you need?"

You shake your head with a small smile. 

"No. We're fine. Thank you, Aoi. I really owe you one."

Aoi shakes her head. 

"After everything you've done for us, this is the least I could do. I'll go so you can finish getting ready." She turns around and heads back out. "You look very pretty." She tells you before closing the door behind her.