Search

TW: Slight descriptions of murder

You weren't sure for how long you had lost conscious. You knew that it had been quite a while from the remarks that the demon before you was giving you. 

"Only a few nights and you didn't even become rabid, I believe I made the right choice."

"What are you talking about?"

The demon grinned widely and motioned towards a mirror. Turning in the direction of it, you found that you had completely change. Your canines had completely turned into fangs. Your skin was fare paler than its usual tone. Your eyes had changed color to match the bright red in your hair. 

"Not a fan of the yellow and red but it makes the most sense. How do you feel?"

You knew the demon didn't care so you didn't bother to answer. You just kept staring at the mirror, thinking about how you had made a big mistake. The only upside was that you were no longer in pain.

"What happens now?"

"Now? We give you a taste of the real power of demons."

You felt your stomach twist in knots at the cruel smile he was giving you. You had a feeling that it wasn't going to be anything pleasant. Knowing you could still get killed for running away, you decided to stick around. At least until you could find a way to get back to Shinobu and the others. 

X

Seeing the look of betrayal upon the recognition of your haori, you looked away from your former corp member. You had stopped counting the death toll after the 5th murder. It sickened you to be part of the demon's game but you had no choice. You had a part to play to help Shinobu get revenge and help get rid of demons. 

"I'm getting impatient, Rengoku." You hated how he insisted calling you by your last name. It always brought back the guilt for what you had done and been doing. "Muzan expects for you to take part in the killings. Otherwise, he's going to personally kill you. I would be very upset for your power to go to waste. You're taking charge next time."

It's been several weeks since you had transformed and you knew this was going to come sooner or later. You had never interfered in any of Akaza's kills, you just simply watched from the side. 

"Lead the way."

He grins widely and begins walking to the location of his next mission. 

X

You felt sick to your stomach as you watched the new corp members from above. They were all on high alert but yet they were unaware of what they had run into. None of them had spotted either of you and you hoped they could quickly leave the forest before you were forced to make your first kill. 

"Well go on. I'm waiting. You need to eat. Don't think that I haven't noticed how weak you've been getting since I stopped supplying you blood."

"I...I'm going."

You hated how he was right. You had hoped to turn out like Nezuko and only need sleep to gain energy but that hadn't been the case. You needed to eat their flesh and drink their blood to even be of use. 

"I can't wait to see this."

It was disgusting to hear how excited he sounded over what was to come. After taking a deep breath, you jumped down from the tree to land behind the 2 of them. They clearly had just joined the corps from the way they tried to put up a brave face when they turned to face you. Even with half of your strength, they stood no chance. The only way they were going to get out of this was if by some miracle, a hashira was around. You silently hoped one of them would come to stop the bloodshed. 

As you got closer to them, they could see the district torn Haori they had been told about. They let out a sigh of relief and even look happy to see. 

"Ms. Rengoku, you're alive! I...I can't believe we found you."

"They're never going to believe us. I can't believe the rookies found you."

You hated how they were making things difficult for you. You had planned to make their death quick and easy but you were now hesitating. They were defenseless. They had sheathed their swords and looked relaxed compared to how tense they were when you saw them from the trees. 

"They're still looking for me?"

The turn around to give you a smile and nod. 

"Oh, yes! Ms. Kocho hasn't given up and neither have the others. We've all been given instructions to keep an eye out for you whenever we go out on missions. Your father even picked up his sword again and joined the sword. 

Your heart ached for Shinobu when they mentioned her. You missed her terribly and you regretted how you left things when you ran away. She was only looking out for you and you pushed her away. Now you were paying the consequences for not listening to her. 

"My father? What of my brother?"

You didn't give a shit about your father. After everything that he had done, it was too late for you to ever forgive him. Your only family was Senjuro. 

"I haven't heard much. Only that he's been staying at the Kocho residence whenever your father leaves for several day to search for you."

Your brothers would be so disappointed in you if they ever learned of what you had done. Turning into a demon was a necessary evil. Dismissed from the corps and bound to the bed by your injuries, you were useless to everyone. You couldn't help Shinobu with her revenge and you couldn't protect your brother. 

"Very well." You looked up to Akaza, hoping he might give you a signal to let them go but no such signal came. He was still waiting for you to kill the two. "I'm truly sorry for this."

Hearing your apology, they both frown. 

"Ms. Rengoku...."

You didn't give him a chance to finish talking as you rushed to slit his throat. Upon realizing what had just happened, the other slayer hurries to pull his sword out but you were faster. He fell to his knees, holding on to his throat after you cut it.  You stood above the two of them, watching as their eyes slowly drained of light. 

"Could've used some improvements but at least we're getting somewhere. Eat up. We're meeting Muzan soon."

X

Shinobu looked down at the two bodies covered before her. It was puzzling to find that they were originally killed by a singly slice to the throat. From what they knew of the majority of demons, they loved to play with their food. It was even more surprising that the bodies had been left behind. They had several parts missing but the majority of their body was intact. 

"We've searched the surrounding woods, Miss Kocho. There's no trace of demons nor were we able to find something that could help us trace who was responsible for this."

"Alright. Take them back to headquarters and make sure they're properly put to rest. You're all dismissed."

The Kakushi excused themselves to leave Shinobu and Kanao alone. 

"What do you think of this Kanao?"

"A demon wouldn't do this. It almost seems like they were showing them mercy."

"How curious. I'll make a report of this and let the Master know. I feel like things are only going to escalate from here."