Dismissal

It was incredibly difficult to sneak out of the butterfly estate. With Shinobu ordering for you to be under watch 24/7, you couldn't leave. Whenever Shinobu had some free time, she joined you. 

"When I am going to be allowed to leave? I'm not a child."

Shinobu raised her brow at you. She looked down at your arms crossed over your chest and the pout you had. 

"For someone who claims not to be a child, you're acting like one."

You roll your eyes and look out the window to avoid looking at her. You were still furious at her for not allowing you to continue your training. 

"Wouldn't you be doing the same if you were in my position?"

When you didn't hear an answer for a while, you turned around to face her. She gave you a smile when she noticed you looking. 

"I would listen to what my doctor would tell me for a quick recovery. I simply want to make sure that I don't get another letter from your brother about missing for days. You had everyone worried. I suggest you get comfortable because you're going to be here for a while."

She's out of the room before you could talk back. Your frown is immediately replaced with a smile when the Aoi and the younger girls comes into your room. 

X

By the time Shinobu finished updating the files of her patients, it was already late in the night. The only light visible in the room was the sole candle on her desk. She was used to working late due to being behind but this time it had been done on purpose. With you asleep, Shinobu would be able to sneak into your room and take your sword. 

After turning off her candle, she quickly and quietly makes her way through the estate and into your room. Being careful not to make any noise, Shinobu opens the door. She can't help but smile when she spots the rest of the butterfly girls by your bedside. Knowing that they were light sleepers, she hurried to grab your sword and leave the room. 

"Where are you going?"

Shinobu stops running when she hears Kanao from behind. 

"What I should've done since I noticed what was happening."

"She's going to be angry, Shinobu."

"I would rather have her be angry at me than end up finding her dead in the middle of the forest."

"You don't have to do this alone, you know. I also care about her. We all care about her."

Shinobu turns around to fully face Kanao. She removes the swords guard and hands it to Kanao. 

"I know she wouldn't be mad at any of you for what I'm about to do but I'd rather do this alone. This is all my fault for not being there for her since the beginning. I noticed she had been acting strange...." Shinobu trails off when she realizes that she had been saying too much. "I should be back by morning."

"She had been acting strange since final selection. I noticed too but never said anything. I thought she would come to you but I guess I was wrong. It's not anyone's fault. She simply just pushed everyone away. All we can hope is that she'll let us help her."

Shinobu pulled her into a quick hug. 

"When did you get so big? You're my little sister. You're not supposed to dealing with all of this." Kanao simply didn't say anything as the two of them pulled away. "Send word if I need to come back."

After a quick goodbye, Shinobu ran to the Ubuyashiki Estate.

X

"Are you sure that you want to do this?"