Tricks

TW: Domestic violence

You thought Akaza was playing tricks on you when he brought you to a young boy. When he kneeled down before him, you knew it wasn't a trick. The young boy the two of you had come to visit was in fact Muzan. 

"This is the human you turned?"

You look up when you're mentioned. You clenched your jaw tightly when you were face to face with the man who was responsible for the creatures that killed your loved ones. 

"Yes. She's been great help. We've been managing to get rid of demon slayers...."

"Newbies. Fodder. Human shields. Why do I care if meaningless humans die. I want the heads of every Hashira. Most importantly I want the head of their so called leader. Until then, I don't care about what the two of you do."

"B..bu..."

Akaza  interrupts him, making Muzan suddenly slap him hard enough to nearly break his jaw. Akaza barely flinches from the pain. All you can do is watch as Muzan berates him for being a useless Upper Moon 3. 

"You're a fool! She's been tricking you and you've been too blind to see it." You freeze when he suddenly turns to face you. He grabs your jaw and forces you to face Akaza. "You might've fooled him but not me. Until you truly show me that you're one of us by bringing me the head of the boy with earrings, I have no need for you. Bring me his earrings and I'll accept you as one of us." All you can do is nod as tears for in your eyes. While your body could easily heal, you could still feel the pain from his tight grip. He scoffs when he sees your tears and lets you go. "Get out of my sight."

X

Things are quiet between the two for a while. The two of you simply just kept walking without a clear destination in mind. 

"You're delaying the inevitable. Once you agreed to turn to a demon, you knew what was to come."

"Wouldn't you do anything in your power to save the ones you love?"

He starts laughing hysterically until he eventually stops. He wipes an imaginary tear before calming down. 

"Muzan was right. Maybe I am a fool. Demons don't love anything. The only thing we have is loyalty to Muzan. I'm surprised that you're still alive after everything he said."

Akaza was right. It was shocking that you hadn't lost your head. Muzan wasn't known for being patient. You needed to do something to prove your 'loyalty' to the demons and quickly.

"Give me a few days and I'll prove to the two of you that I'm loyal to you and Muzan."

X

Akaza had left you to wonder alone in search of Tanjiro. He might've disappeared from your line of sight but you knew he was following you. You needed to think of something or else you could be dead soon enough. 

You hadn't realized you were on the path to the Butterfly Estate until you spotted the familiar tree you used to always pass by when you came to visit Shinobu. As discreetly as you could, you headed to another direction. While the estate was covered in Wisteria, you knew nothing would stop Akaza from searching from Shinobu. 

"You've been walking in circles."

You suddenly hear his voice when you get far away. 

"Do you me to take you to boy?"

"Better make it quick or I'll be the one who kills you."

With your time cut short, you had no choice but to take him up to the mountain that was used for final selection. The overwhelming amount of Wisteria found at the other end of the amounts would delay him.