Unpredictable

A few weeks have passed after the bathroom incident. I made Tom promise to never bring it up again. I could see in his eyes that he wanted to talk about it ever since, but I always avoided it. I wanted to forget.

We were having dinner and it was so quiet you could hear our heartbeats. Ever since that night we haven't been able to talk to eachother like we used to, it made me sad, because I missed talking to him about people's nipples. 

But this dinner he decided to break the silence "I am sick and tired of pretending that nothing happened, you have to adress this and I will not wait any longer."

I didn't know what to say, I knew it would come to this at some point, but I wasn't prepared at all. 

"I can't accept it Tom. I've been trying to get the picture out of my head ever since you showed me it, but it's impossible. I hate you for it and that's why I can't bring myself to talk to you anymore"

He was too stunned to speak. He looked very hurt, but I didn't give a shit because he ruined my innocence by showing me a picture of my uncle fucking a goat. That is not something you show to someone you care about.

"Look, Vanesa, I thought it would help you. Part of me even thought you'd like it, and I was  wrong, but--" 

"YOU THOUGHT I'D LIKE TO SEE MY UNCLE FUCKING A GOAT?" I yelled "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?"

First he looked like he was about to say he's sorry again, but then his face changed and I could sense that something in him switched "You know what, alright, you're right. I didn't think YOU'D like it. I liked it, okay? I've been fighting the urge to contact your uncle and ask him how he got access to goats ever since I found that damn photograph, and I showed it to you to see if I was in this alone. And I am, do you know how hard that is for me? No one understands"

This time I felt like it was my turn to apologise, so I did. "I am so sorry Tom, I didn't know you had the urge to fuck goats too. I-I don't know what to say"

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything" he said with tears forming in his eyes. "I just don't want you to be as surprised as you were now if one day I slip and you see a picture of me fucking a goat"

I looked him deep in the eyes and said "I will never, and I mean NEVER, let that happen" 

"Thank you, Vanesa"

After that, we went to the livingroom and watched shrek wishing this never happened in the first place. 

We both fell asleep before the movie even ended. When I woke up Tom wasn't next to me, so I got up and looked around for him. That was when I noticed a note on the couch laying where he was laying before he left. 

"I am sorry. I can't hold back anymore. I will be at my friend's farm if you need me."

I knew shit was about to go down.