where it all began

I was sitting on my bed, doing nothing just staring at the wall. But my mind was spinning, my mind is restless. All I heard was my mother fighting with my father downstairs. It got really quiet, I thought it was finally over so opened my door and was about to go downstairs ready to pretend like I didn't hear anything, but then my heart dropped, "I never wanted a kid, I'm done taking care of her. I don't love her"
I thought I just misunderstood so I went downstairs and pretended like nothing happened.
We all sat down and ate dinner. After we finished I couldn't help but ask, "Do you really not love me anymore?"
They were shocked at first, but then they looked me straight in the eye and just said "no we don't, go pack your bags and get out of our house."
I was shocked to the core. I went upstairs, packed my bags. Before I left I made a sign that said "adopt me please, I'm homeless." As I was leaving, my father was standing in front of the door, naturally, I looked him dead in the eye and said  "suck a fuck dad."
I walked to the closest highway, then I sat on the side of the road, held my sign and just hoped for the best.
After a while, a man approached me. He was tall, blonde. He was wearing a pink shirt with lizards on it and black pants with white stripes with headphones hanging around his neck.
I looked up with tears in my eyes, barely getting the words out of my mouth "who are you, kind sir?"
and he simply answers
"My name is Tom Harlock, love."