𝐘𝟏 ✩‧₊˚ 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆

Iris turned to Regulus, eyeing the boy. He was silently staring out of the window, and as she looked, a lazy smirk spread over his face. "See something you like?"

Iris grinned. "Yeah, I do."

"OH HELL NAW!" James yelled, not surprising anyone. 

"Hm?" He raised an eyebrow. 

"That leather jacket." 

Regulus chuckled. "You have one."

"You can never have enough leather jackets!" She said, grinning. Regulus sighed as the door opened, and a platinum blond boy walked in. 

Get out losers, I wanna sit here." The Malfoy snapped, walking in.

"Nah, Dray dray, don't think I will." Iris snapped back.

Draco pouted. "Come on, Ir. Let me sit."

Iris scooted towards the window and Draco sat down next to her. "So? How's Daphne? And Pansy? And Astoria?" Iris asked, wriggling her eyebrows at the last name. She knew Draco had like Astoria since they were bloody eight.

"Star, don't tease the poor boy." Regulus said, and Draco asked, "Why DO you call her Star, Regulus?"

"I dunno, one day, He went ohhhh your middle name is Celeste, and a star is a celeste-ial body, hence now you will be called Star." Iris said, rolling her eyes.

Regulus rolled his eyes too, laughing. "Somewhat, yeah."

Bellatrix, who already loved the girl, cackled and Iris laughed. "Oh Bella, wait till you hear your nickname for me." Bellatrix's eyes widened. Sirius let her interact with Iris? 

The group had soon reached the school and trudged up to the great hall, all standing in front of the hat.

"When I call your name, you will put on the hat and sit on the stool to be sorted," McGonagall said. "Abbott, Hannah!" 

A pink-faced girl with blonde pigtails stumbled out of line, put on the hat, which fell right down over her eyes, and sat down. A moments pause —"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat.The table on the right cheered and clapped as Hannah went to sit down at the Hufflepuff table. 

"Bones, Susan!" 

"HUFFLEPUFF!" shouted the hat again, and Susan scuttled off to sit next to Hannah. 

"Boot, Terry!" 

"RAVENCLAW!" 

The table second from the left clapped this time; several Ravenclaws stood up to shake hands with Terry as he joined them. 

"Brocklehurst, Mandy" went to Ravenclaw too, but "Brown, Lavender" became the first new Gryffindor.

"Bulstrode, Millicent" then became a Slytherin. 

"Finch-Fletchley, Justin!" 

"HUFFLEPUFF!" 

 "Finnigan, Seamus," a sandy-haired boy, sat on the stool for almost a whole minute before the hat declared him a Gryffindor. 

"Granger, Hermione!"Hermione almost ran to the stool and jammed the hat eagerly on herhead. 

"SLYTHERIN!" shouted the hat. Someone groaned.

Neville Longbottom fell over on his way to the stool. The hat took a long time to decide withNeville. When it finally shouted, "GRYFFINDOR," Neville ran off still wearing it, and had to jog back amid gales of laughter to give it to "MacDougal, Morag."

Draco swaggered forward when his name was called and got his wish atonce: the hat had barely touched his head when it screamed, 

"SLYTHERIN!"Malfoy went to join his friends Crabbe and Goyle, looking pleased withhimself.There weren't many people left now. "Moon"..., "Nott"...,"Parkinson"..., then a pair of twin girls, "Patil" and "Patil"..., then "Perks,Sally-Anne"..., and then, at last —"Potter, Iris!" 

As she stepped forward, whispers suddenly broke out like little hissingfires all over the hall.

 "Potter, did she say?"

 "THE Iris Potter?" 

'No.' Iris said in her mind, 'the OTHER Iris Potter.'

The last thing she saw before the hat dropped over his eyes was the hall full of people craning to get a good look at him. Next second he was looking at the black inside of the hat. He waited. 

"Hmm," said a small voice in his ear. "Difficult. Very difficult. Plenty of courage, I see. Not a bad mind either. There's talent, A my goodness, yes — and a nice thirst to prove yourself, now that's interesting....So where shall I put you?" 

"Anywhere you think is appropriate, Mr. Hat!" Iris said, and Lily cooed at her.

 "Well, if you're sure — better be SLYTHERIN!!"

"YEAH!" The Slytherin house of 1977 as well as 1991 cheered.

She stood up and Elegantly walked over to the Slytherin table. She sat down next to Regulus, who hugged her and held her hand comfortingly under the table.

She looked at the head table and straight into manipulative blue eyes. She felt a slight pain in her forehead, and she slammed her occlumency shields up, immediately breaking eye contact with the esteemed headmaster.

Every single person in the great hall turned to Dumbledore with betrayed eyes and he shrugged, not knowing what to do.