𝐘𝟏 ✩‧₊˚ 𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐂𝐎𝐌𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐒𝐋𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐍

The first year Slytherins followed the prefect down to the dungeons, and the prefect gave the portrait the password, 'Aphrodite', and the first years walked into the common room

"Hello." The prefect started. "Im Gemma Farley, fifth year Slytherin prefect, and this is my male counterpart, Evan Rosier."

Gemma had high cheekbones and a dark skin colour that made her even more pretty. Evan was a copy of his mother, Dorcas Meadows.

All the Gryffindors turned to Dorcas, wriggling their eyebrows as the dark-haired girl blushed, hiding her face. Her blue eyes peered at Ronald Rosier at the Slytherin table who had a smirk on his face.

She huffed at him and looked back at the screen.

"These are the sixth year prefects, and they are they seventh." Gemma said, indicating to each pair. Slytherin in the house of Serpents. We are known to be the link that holds the other houses together. We are supposed to be Smart as a Ravenclaw, brave as a Gryffindor, and loyal as a Hufflepuff. We're sly, cunning, ambitious and Resourceful. The other houses hate us, because of the Prejudice of all Dark Wizards coming from Slytherin, which is, by the way, a lie."

"No it's not!" Peter yelled, but then shut up because of the looks thrown at him.

"Voldemort was a Slytherin, yes, but Uric the Oddball, the inventor of the Cruciatus curse, was a Ravenclaw. Herpo the foul, was a Gryffindor."

"What?!" Many cries rang through the hall, and Iris grinned.

"Moreover, Merlin himself was a Slytherin!" Gemma said. "Now let's come back to you all. All students have individual dorms. All boys dorms are to the right, 1st floor, all Girls dorms are to the left, 1st floor. The prefects dorms are here, next to the Fireplace. Now, our head of house, Professor Snape would like to have a word with you all."

"SNAPE?!" Peter Yelled again, and was immediately shot looks, shutting him up.

A black haired man came out of the shadows of the portrait. He was staring right at Iris.

 "Welcome to Slytherin." He said softly. "I am Professor Snape, head of Slytherin and Potions Master. There are a few rules you must follow. First, Slytherins must stick together. Second, No fights outside the safety of the common room. Any problems must be brought to me only and only inside Slytherin-only areas. Third, We will always show a united front. Fourth, Do not Bully anyone. It ruins the reputation we have created. If I do find someone bullying Gryffindors or other students, you will be punished. Am I understood?"

The first years nodded, and Snape glanced around. "Very well, you are dismissed, HOWEVER," he said, eyes coming to rest on Iris. "Potter stay back."

Iris quirked an eyebrow and stood in her place, as Snape walked to her. "Potter, I want you to repeat the fourth rule for me."

"Do not Bully anyone. It ruins the reputation we have created. If I do find someone bullying Gryffindors or other students, you will be punished." Iris recited, and Snape looked at her, surprised.

She didn't seem to be as spoiled or as arrogant as her father. In fact, she seemed to be more like her mother than anything.

"Alright. Go to bed." He said.

Iris Nodded. "It would do you well, though, to not judge a person based on their parents' actions. I am not James Potter nor am I Lily Evans. I'm Iris Potter and I'm my own Person. Good night professor."

Snape looked at the girl Perplexed. She was one snake he had to watch over. If not for Iris, then for Lily.

Lily smiled at her old friend. "Thank you, Sev."

"Yeah." An unlikely voice joined her. "Thank you Snivellus."

"Can you not call me that Potter?" Severus said, rolling his eyes. 

"It's more of a fond nickname now, you know." James said, shrugging, and Snape laughed. The hall stared at him. SEVERUS SNAPE JUST LAUGHED. WAS THE WORLD ENDING?

Iris walked into the first year girls common room, where a girl stood, arms crossed over her chest. Iris almost laughed at the attempt to be Intimidating. The girl behind her rolled her eyes.

"Potter." The girl spat. "The girl-who-lived."

Iris rolled her eyes. "I'm not a fan of Dumbledore, you know, Heiress Parkinson?"

The girl released her stiff pose. "Well, then we don't have a problem!" she beamed, and the girl behind her snorted in amusement at her friend.

Iris shook her head. "Iris Potter, Heiress to most ancient and most noble house of Potter, at your service." she said, extending a hand.

"Pansy Parkinson, Heiress to most noble house of Parkinson." The black haired girl shook her hand.

The blonde girl at the back came forth, and shook Iris' hand as well. "Daphne Greengrass, eldest of the Greengrasses, Heiress to ancient and most noble house of Greengrass."

"Your first friends!" Regulus said, patting the girl's back, who smiled and nodded.

A quiet girl in the corner stood up. "I'm Hermione Granger. Adopted Granger, Born Franqui, Heiress to ancient and most noble house of Franqui."

Iris nodded. "So pleased to meet you three." The girls nodded back and they split off to find their own rooms. The first year girls common room opened up to five doors. One lead back out to the main common room. The others led to the girls' dorms.

'Iris Potter' was marked between Daphne Greengrass and Hermione Granger. Iris entered the password that was on the plaque next to her name, '110897', and stepped into the dorm.

The dorm was painted a dark forest green, with a live forest. Fairies flew around, and a thestral snorted softly in the forest.

There was a king sized bed on the wall, covered with dark green silk, and fluffy green pillows.

There was a black desk pushed to one of the walls and a black chair accompanied it. On the bed, there was a note.

'creo supellex to add your choice of furniture'

She quickly muttered creo supellex, waving her wand, not really knowing what to do, just think of the furniture she wanted, and she added a vanity table, and a cozy area where she could read properly. She created a walk in closet, and on the opposite side of the room, created a walk-in personal library.

She smiled satisfied, and walked into her closet, changing into her pyjamas, going to sleep

James and Lily smiled at the peaceful expression their daughter had. They hoped that it would stay forever, even if they knew it wouldn't.